Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Camping Birthday

 My cardmaking group is having a week of challenges since we are celebrating 7 years of the group being together.

Today's challenge was to make a watercolor background.  I did the water and sand/dirt with Daniel Smith watercolors and used watered down distress inks on the sky and sun. My brother always goes camping around his birthday so I went with that for this years card.

The stamps are from a cardmaking magazine, there are so many in the set that you can make all kinds of scenes with many different critters.  I colored those all out with markers, the camper and sign had dies for them the rest I had to fussy cut.


  • Cardmaking and Papercraft Magazine - The great outdoors stamps, watercolors for background, stamps colored w/markers, dies for camper and sign, the rest fussy cut.


It was fun putting this scene together.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

13 comments:

Debbie said...

i love how personal your cards are connie!! how they are always created with that person, and their interests in mind!! this is so fun and pretty, the watercolor work is beautiful...your brother is going to love it!!

Em Louise Fairley said...

Such a sweet scene xoxo

Leslie Miller said...

Ohhh, Connie, this is so cute and fun and, oh, how I would love to go camping! I apologize for my long absence. It's been a while since I did anything not related to house or dogs, but trying to get back in the swing (slowly). I only have half a stamp room, but that's another unfortunate story. I've scrolled through and looked at everything I missed. You're doing amazing things with botanicals. I love it all! Hugs!

Esther Asbury said...

What a fun little camping scene you've created on your card. I've been working on a camping card too -- for a challenge next month!

Donna Phelan said...

That's a great scene! Looks like the perfect card for him. Love your background...and that s'more lol

aussie aNNie said...

Oh to go camping and caravaning again in this world would be wonderful. Great card and scene. xx

April said...

I love your cute scene! Your sky is wonderful. You did a great job with the watercoloring.

R's Rue said...

What a cute scene. I love it.

Lowcarb team member said...

This is just great, love how you've done this. Great scene and colours.

All the best Jan

Kim said...

Oh, I would go camping if I had that fabulous, vintage caravan. The scenery you imagined is beautiful. A perfect card, indeed, for your brother.

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

This is the cutest card ever! I love it!

-Soma

Donna Ellis said...

What a darling scene, Connie! We used to go camping every week-end on 20 acres we owned, and enjoyed it thoroughly. Sleeping bags around the campfire, and star-filled skies! Your card is beautifully done! hugs, de

Janice said...

Love the scene you have created, super card.