Saturday, September 25, 2021

Sixteen

 Yep another Great Nephew has turned 16.  I found this paper that had a map, thought that would go well with the car theme.  Asked his mom what was his favorite color, I was going to do the car out of that color but she wasn't sure so she told me his school colors, so I went with that. I did a little inking around the background and the 16 tag.


  • Frantic Stamper - Convertible Roadster die
  • Carta Bella - Metropolitan Girl paper
  • DCWV - Metallic cardstock
  • PPD - Stitched Postage Stamp rectangle dies
  • Martha Stewart - Sanserif font numbers stamp
  • ki - Bronze metal accents

Since I am on a vehicle theme, I thought I would also share some pictures I took when we were on our way to a park a few weeks ago, I was driving and hubby said oh cool look at those, I just got a little glimpse since I was driving, he said we should turn around so I turned around and thankfully they lived on a corner with a parking lot across the street so I parked there and we took some pictures of these old vehicles and the fun way he arranged them in his side yard.






This one with the skeleton hanging off the back of the motorcycle was something else, the motorcycle was on a big pole.  


  I loved the water fountain feature they put in this one.




Lately we have been taking the back roads to get to the parks and such we try to visit and this was in one of those small towns we have to pass through, just goes to show the things you miss out in when you take the highways to where you are going :)

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today and say HI!

Connie

14 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Love your card but wow those photos too are also amazing. xx

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Outstanding card especially with that new street map paper.

Connie, you see the most amazing things with all your day trips. I'm so glad you turned around to take pics and shared them with us. These are so intriguing.

Birgit said...

What a great card to celebrate your nephew! I totally enjoyed these pictures and shared them with my hubby. You made both of our day, sharing these awesome pic's.

April said...

Your card is wonderful. I love the map paper in the baclground. The pictures are great! Thanks for sharing. I know they probably have lots of people that park in that lot and take pictures of these vehicles.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, yes, the map is perfect and great idea to use the school colors. You can't go wrong with that! Love the car in gold, too. WOW, those pictures! I had to call Rich over to look. Yes, the back roads are the best. Thank you so much for sharing, Connie!!

Donna Phelan said...

That's a great card for a young male, love that spiffy vehicle. Oh My, the pictures--how creative! I wonder if he was a retired mechanic or owned a car dealership? Pretty cool!

R's Rue said...

I love it.

Em Louise Fairley said...

Great card and wonderful pix too xoxo

JD/ Jill said...

You made a great card for your nephew! and thanks for shraring the pics!

Esther Asbury said...

Awesome guy card for you great nephew, and I really enjoyed the photos of all those old cards uniquely arranged! It's like going on a little trip, without leaving home! (smile)

Debbie said...

that's a great card for a 16 year old, cars and driving, it is such an important thing for a youngster!!

but wow, those trucks and cars really stole the show. i am so glad you turned around and went back to photograph them!! some people are so clever....and i LOVE old, rusted vehicles!!

Louca por porcelana said...

Great card!

Lowcarb team member said...

What a great card that is.
I did enjoy the car photographs too.

All the best Jan

Janice said...

Fabulous masculine card, I’m sure your great nephew loved it. Brilliant photos too!