Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Zoom meeting

 I have totally forgot to post the cards we made in our zoom meeting last month, hopefully I can remember what we did.

First we used stencil on glossy paper using different distress inks, and then a background stamp using a permanent ink,  we were to already have an image colored and cut and I chose the rose. We had all the pieces cut ahead of time too.

We took our card base, and cut both front sides 1 1/4 inches from either end. that left a flap in the middle that we applied our stencil piece we made. Took a piece of acetate to bridge across the two end flaps with the middle flap behind. Add the stamp piece on the outside edge so that your sentiment that you put on the inside shows through.


  A few more pictures so you can get the idea of how it all comes together just incase my written instructions don't make sense :)


The inside, I didn't have a message stamped. I don't have many that will work on the inside and I like to hand write my messages.


In this last picture you can see how the acetate is applied across the front.


  • Hero Arts - Hero Floral Magnolia stamp, colored w/ markers
  • Hero arts - Floral Background stencil w/distress inks onto glossy paper
  • Stampin up - Leaves Background stamp
  • Raspberry Road designs - Luxury paper collection


A few days later when I was trying to think what I was going to do for another card, I saw the other stenciled pieces I had worked on in the class and decided to make another card.

This time I used a butterfly for my main image that I water colored.


  • Hero Arts - Nature Patterns Stencil 2
  • Wow - Cracked Leather Stamp background
  • Paper Pizazz - Butterfly die cut, cut from watercolor paper and colored w/distress inks
  • Raspberry Road design - Luxury paper collection
  • Gina Marie - Birthday words sentiment stamp


Another fun fold to try :)

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today and say Hi,

Connie

12 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

I love the fun folds you used on these lovely cards! The floral one is especially beautiful!

Debbie said...

these are really pretty connie, i like the fold idea!! and i also like the fact that you hand write your messages, beautiful, heartfelt messages!! they are both so beautiful, i was not able to pick a favorite!!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, these are beautiful, Connie! Lots of creativity in each, and I love leafy things as much as flowers. Many times I don't put a message inside my cards as I do like to write my own. It's a plus that you can use the cards for any occasion, too.

Donna Phelan said...

Such a FUN Fold! Love the colors, design and your gorgeous blossom and that beautiful butterfly! So glad you posted them! Beautiful!

Birgit said...

Oh wow, these are fabulous Connie! What unique folds and the papers you used are gorgeous. I love the large bloom and butterfly you used on each of them. These are really gorgeous.

R's Rue said...

I love them all. Great job my friend. Have a beautiful day.

April said...

I love your cards! Both are so lovley! That was a fun card to make, but a lot of cutting!

Lowcarb team member said...

I like these 'fold' cards, they do look lovely.

All the best Jan

aussie aNNie said...

Two stunning cards and WOW factors. xx

Em Louise Fairley said...

They are both beautiful, Connie xoxo

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness I love this fold and you have two fantastic card to show with it. Nicely done on both of them.

JD/ Jill said...

These are beautiful cards!