Saturday, December 4, 2021

HB2U

 Today's card will be shared in the Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge which is Music or something Musical.  Have I got you singing Happy Birthday to You :)

I needed a birthday card for my great nephew who is a teenager, I have the hardest time coming up with ideas for teen masculine cards, when I saw this challenge I decided to look through paper packs that were a little more on the masculine side and see if there was any sheet music in them and I found this piece, I went through the rest of the papers in the pack and one sheet was full of letters and numbers, so I cut them out, inked them up, and put them along the card, popping up a couple with foam tape.  The ticket was also in the paper pack so I just added a star I cut from glitter paper and a brad to attach it. Inked around the edges of the card too.


  • DCWV - Tattered Time paper pack (paper, letters and ticket)
  • DieVersions - Stitched Nesting stars die, cut from gold glitter paper
  • Recollections - Brad


We finally have had time to get our Christmas lights on outside.  Now I just need to find time to get the inside done, hoping to get the tree set up today :)
 Hope you enjoy a wonderful weekend!

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,
Connie

18 comments:

Debbie said...

ooooh i love this!! such a cute card and a great design. it will be perfect for your great nephew!!

Darlene said...

LOL yes you do have me singing this tune! What a cute & clever card my friend! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Kim said...

This card is fabulous for a male teenager. 'Tis very funky! Well done on setting up all the outside lights. Now for that Christmas tree. =)

Donna Phelan said...

Yes, any type of masculine card stumps me a bit too! But this is great and perfect! Love the music sheet!

Diane said...

Super fun and clever music card! thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood!
Diane TSH DT {Nellies Nest}

Louca por porcelana said...

Beautiful card! Happy Sunday!

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card, and gorgeous colours as well...
Great designing...xx

Birgit said...

Such a great take on the challenge over at TSOC. This is fabulous Connie! Thanks so much for linking up with us. Best of luck to you~

R's Rue said...

Absolutely lovely.

Em Louise Fairley said...

Great card, Connie xoxo

April said...

This is a really neat masculine card! Very creative.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

So nice. I love song paper. I used to buy music sheets in a junk store, but they closed shop.

The HB2U is cute.

Good luck with the tree.

Lowcarb team member said...

What a great card, just perfect for your great nephew.
I do like the HB2U a great idea.

All the best Jan

JD/ Jill said...

Great card for a teenager. I struggle with making those kind of cards too.

Esther Asbury said...

I love the music paper background that fun abbreviation for "Happy Birthday to You!" Awesome card!

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Fabulous card love the design and layout. Alison xxx

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Love the sheet music and the lettering on top. Fabulous and so clever too!! You website is looking very beautiful with the deep red background :)

-Soma

Lisa said...

I love this birthday card design. The letters are wonderfully laid out and the ticket is a super cute addition.