Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Retro Rubber Challenge # 174

 I was asked by Retro Rubber Challenge Blog to be a guest designer on their blog this month.  It was a color challenge, all pastels.  If you know me that was a bit of a challenge as I do love earthy colors.  



I don't normally use bright colors for a sympathy card but I was in need of one and was going to use flowers on it so I went with using it for this challenge.  My stamp is from 2009 and I colored with my Spectrum Noir markers.  Hard to see but the lightest flowers are a light blue, and the others are yellows, I had to add a bit darker green so that I could tell the leaves from my flowers.

  • Northwoods Rubber stamps - Mini Tulip in Clay Pot, 2009
  • PPD - Stitched Mini Scallop Border die
  • Taylored Expressions - Care & Comfort II stamp sentiment
  • Liquid Pearls - Mint Green
  • Paper from stash



It is fun to get out our old stamps and play with them, I hope you do and join in the challenge this month!

Thanks for stopping by,

Connie

16 comments:

Birgit said...

This is lovely Connie and I don't think the colors are too bright for a sympathy card. It's a beautiful and peaceful card filled with heartfelt love. Congrats on your guest design team spot!

R's Rue said...

So cute.

April said...

I love that pretty stamp! Beautiful sympathy card. The white border is lovely too.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

A very nice sympathy card. You really worked outside the box for you. It sure stretches us doesn't it?!

Debbie said...

what a beautiful card, you used the pastel colors wisely!! nice for you to be a guest designer!!

JD/ Jill said...

lovely card!

aussie aNNie said...

A lovely card and gorgeous design, very pretty..xx

Donna Phelan said...

Congrats on your Guest Designer Gig! I love this card, the design is lovely, as are you soft tones! That image is sweet too!

Em Louise Fairley said...

Congrats on the GDT spot, Connie. The card is beautiful xoxo

Darlene said...

WOW! Congrats on the Guest Spot and you have certainly met the challenge! This is GORGEOUS! Beautiful overall design ... I simply love it Connie! Great job!

Kim said...

I don't think the lovely colours in this sympathy card are too bright at all. The pastel colours are perfect for a sympathy card, as are the lovely details.

Leslie Miller said...

Congratulations on your GD spot, Connie! I think this is one of the best challenges because it gets us to look into our older stash of stamps. This is a pretty card with the tulip vase and you did great with these colors. It can be nice to receive a sympathy card with pretty colors like this.

Lisa said...

Great layout for your sympathy card and that pot of flowers is perfect in the pastels.

Esther Asbury said...

This is so pretty and absolutely perfect for a sympathy card.

Jane Knudsen said...

Connie...this is such a delightful card and it shows off our colors well! Thank you for being our guest designer for this challenge!

LeAnne said...

This is beautiful, Connie! No one would know that pastels are a challenge! Lovely spring image! Thanks for being our GD this go-round at Retro Rubber!