Saturday, May 21, 2022

Ink on Glossy

 We recently had another zoom meeting with our stamp group and April taught us this technique I believe she said she saw Gina K do which was to take a stamp, cover it with ink and then using little ink cubes just tap it in different areas to get a mix of colors on your stamp then stamp onto glossy cardstock. I did 4 of them and 3 turned out pretty good one went into the trash, I made this card that evening but still haven't had time to make the others into cards yet. She also had us score the front, and then glue it back to the front, put a piece of pattern paper on that strip and also another strip the same size onto the inside portion of the card.


  • Inkadinkado - stamp 98181, stamped with Distress inks - Weathered wood, Milled Lavender and Chipped sapphire onto glossy cardstock
  • Stampendous - Birthday assortment stamp
  • Carta Bella - Alphabet Junction papers
  • PPD - Wavy stitched rectangle die
  • Embossing folder

I would like to share my card today with Can you handle the pressure 


Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

15 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Your color combination is just beautiful, Connie! Twenty years ago, I used to teach this technique using a combination of dye base and pigment based inks - including those chalk inks that were once popular. We ink with dye ink for intense color, then edge it with the little "cat eyes" and squares in pigment ink, and stamp. Then we added clear EP on top, which stuck to the pigment ink portion, giving the stamp a distressed look before distressing became a thing LOL. We would also stamp with versafine ink, then apply the other inks on top of that on the stamp and then add semi-transparent EPs which stuck to the VM, and added a shaded, embossed appearance. I love reading about the techniques you are always trying, and the beauties you put together as a result. Thanks for sharing! xx

Esther Asbury said...

I love blue and white together and your fun technique turned out beautifully!! Such a pretty card!

Donna Phelan said...

That's really cool! Love that sweet image and your chosen colors! The technique looks fun and has that cool outcome! I like your textured background and your overall design. This really is a beauty!

Cheryl said...

Geeze, so simple but I would have never thought of that lol... Your card looks great as always!

April said...

I really love that stamp! It turned out looking great with the technique. I love your card. It was fun playing.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I agree, that stamp worked really well for this technique. I also LOVE your embossing folder! Looks so great!

Birgit said...

What an interesting idea to add a different color with the ink cubes. This card turned out really sweet!

Louca por porcelana said...

Pretty card. Blessings.

Darlene said...

Oh Connie this is just BEAUTIFUL and I love your overall design! Don't hesitate to share it with us over on our ATG Embossing challenge at CAN YOU HANDLE THE PRESSURE. Well done my friend!

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, that is an absolutely beautiful stamp and I love how the inking technique turned out (even though it was unsuccessful at first). Really amazing, Connie!

Em Louise Fairley said...

It's beautiful xoxo

Darlene said...

So beautiful my friend! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure … we appreciate your support and hope to see you again next challenge!
Darlene
CAN YOU HANDLE THE PRESSURE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Judy Woodland said...

Wow, this turned out beautifully. I love the colors, and that technique really makes that sweet image pop!!! Lots of wonderful work here, and great take on the challenge! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Can You Handle the Pressure, hope to see you back again soon!
Judy~ CYHTP DT

Chrissy said...

Fabulous technique and love the result Connie, sort of vintage style, love it..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Lisa said...

I love the wonderful fold on this card. The designer paper on the inside is a terrific touch too. I will have to check out that technique on Gina K's site. It looks great on your image.