Friday, June 10, 2022

2022 Grad

 Well I had planned to share 2 cards with you today but I totally forgot to take a picture of my great nephews card before sending it out just before I went on vacation, so it will just be a card for our friends daughter.  Her school colors are black and orange, sitting there trying to think what I will do I was looking around and I saw this die panel I had recently bought from HSN's Craft day and thought how could I use that, and this is what I came up with.


I started out with white cardstock to cut the die cut and then colored the die cut with my markers. I added some foam tape to the back to give it some dimension. I cut the numbers out a couple of times also to give them some dimension.  I went around the edges of my cardstock to rough it up a bit.

  • Gemini - Create a card Gerbera die
  • Taylored Expressions - Whimsy #s dies

 I hope she liked it as much as I do :)

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today and letting me know you did, have a wonderful weekend!

Connie

16 comments:

April said...

This is so pretty and the colors just pop! Love it!

Esther Asbury said...

So beautiful! I love the dimension you gave them by popping them up with foam tape and the distressed edges.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Great layout for this card with the panels and then putting the year vertically. The black and orange really makes an impact and this is a really pretty version of those school colors! Believe it or not, I don’t think my son knows his school colors. I think they are probably blue and yellow though. Lol.

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

A very pretty card, Connie. I really like the black background - it works so well to highlight the date and flowers. Such an exciting time of life - I'm sure she will love it. x K

Donna Phelan said...

Love that floral panel and the colors of the pretty posies to match her school! The classic year is bold and looks great! A Keepsake!

Lisa said...

What a great die cut panel and beautifully colored too using the school colors for the flowers. I love the nontraditional of flowers rather than graduation images. I will need to remember that for a few graduation cards I may need to make in the future. I bet your friend's daughter loves this stunning card.

Birgit said...

This is strikingly beautiful, Connie! I love the rich contrast between the black and brilliantly colored flowers. Well done, my friend!

Leslie Miller said...

You came up with something beautiful, Connie! Grad cards always stump me. It's great that you have the year on there to make it all the more special. It's really a pretty die!

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Connie, I love the burst of orange, what a great die and I love to dimension my numbers and letters too with layers..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Lowcarb team member said...

The colours look so good together.

All the best Jan

aussie aNNie said...

Adorable and very lovely design ...love the colours used. ♥

Em Louise Fairley said...

It's beautiful, Connie xoxo

Debbie said...

this card is so delightful!! i like the colors and the way the elements balance out!! congrats to her, she's going to love it!!

Soma @ InkTorrents.com said...

Orange is a colour I find hard to work with. You made it look wonderful. Love the contrast.

-Soma

R's Rue said...

I love it my friend.

Louca por porcelana said...

Great job. Love!