Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Blossom Challenge

 Power Poppy has a challenge right now where you use a glass vase or something under glass.  I had bought this digi to help the Ukraine efforts that Marcella drew and have never used it.  Instead of coloring the vase as clear glass I decided to try my hand at the look of mirrored Black glass, not sure if you can tell that but that is what I was going for.


I chose the no line coloring digital stamp, every time I give it a try I think I am getting a little better at it, but still needs work, but it is fun trying :)


  • Power poppy - Peace offering Digital stamp, no line, colored w/markers and Countryside Bouquet Deluxe stamp set for the sentiment
  • Teresa Collins - Tell your story paper
  • Spellbinders - Candlewick Rectangles and Lacey Ovals dies
  • Martha Stewart - Tag punch
  • Brad
We are getting a new roof put on our house tomorrow, so I think it will be a play day around here, only have a few more days to get cards made for my daughter to look through and see what she wants to take home with her :)

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

22 comments:

Birgit said...

You are definitely getting the hang of no line coloring Connie. Your coloring on these folk-art flowers is stunning!! I like the added strips of color behind the pretty scalloped oval. This is lovely!!

Leslie Miller said...

Practice makes perfect! How pretty this is with the black glass to set off the flower colors. I also really love the Candlewick frame. Decorative, but simple. Pretty papers, too!

ChristineCreations said...

I love the pops of orange in your flowers Connie! They’re so pretty! A fun idea too to create black mirrored glass too!

Thanks so much for joining us at The Blossom Challenge!

Debbie said...

i like the mirrored glass, it was clear to me the look you were going for!! it's a very pretty card!!

it will be a very noisey day for you tomorrow!!

Donna Phelan said...

I would say you have mastered it....I have not. Love the look of this technique. Beautiful image, colored perfectly! Love how you colored that sweet heart vase! Have fub with your daughter!

Em Louise Fairley said...

It's beautiful xoxo

Darlene said...

SO SO pretty my friend! Beautiful overall design!

R's Rue said...

So pretty. I love it.

April said...

Such a pretty card! Your no line coloring looks great!

Soma @ InkTorrents.com said...

I like the mirrored glass. You are certainly getting the hang of no line colouring. Looks beautiful!

-Soma

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Gosh I've never tried no line colouring. You did an amazing job. I love those bright colours. Rock on! I'm sure you'll bee so happy to get your roof done. I'm excited for you. Nothing better than a visit from your daughter.

Lowcarb team member said...

A lovely looking card.

Hope it will not be too noisy when the new roof is put on your house tomorrow.

All the best Jan

Chrissy said...

So very pretty Connie, love the colours and frame and your card design, gorgeous..

Luv CHRISSYxx

aussie aNNie said...

Awesome great card and image here, ♥

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Very pretty!

JD/ Jill said...

REally lovely Connie!

Lisa said...

Great image and a beautiful mirrored glass coloring. I think I have this lovely image and really need to print it out and color it up too.

Louca por porcelana said...

So happy!

Esther Asbury said...

Your coloring is absolutely beautiful on this gorgeous card!

Barbara said...

By now, it is no surprise that you have done a fantastic job on this image for Ukraine. You should be proud and I am so happy to have you join the challenge. Best wishes.

Marcella Hawley said...

Absolutely LOVE it, Connie!! Thank you so much for sharing, and entering it in the challenge. I'm smiling!!

Stacy Morgan said...

This has such a warm feeling and reminds me of my grandma's living room. She had this blanket with these colors. This made me smile, very pretty.