Thursday, June 23, 2022

Just playing

 Normally when you see a card from me I have someone in mind for it, but my daughter is coming to visit in July so I decided I could make up some extra cards and let her pick from them which ones she would like. Now the question where to start? What do I use?  Then I decided to pull out all my scraps and extras that I have in a bowl that never ended up making it on cards that I have worked on in the past and use them.  It was fun playing and trying to match everything up. 

I do not have any supply listings for any of these, but I may mention what I added to them.


This next one I added a strip of washi tape and Brad.


This last one I had stamped the image on one card but when I went to clean off the stamp noticed that there was  quite a bit of ink left on the stamp so I misted it and stamped again on a piece of light cardstock I had near by, well it warped a bit so I just put it into my pile of scraps, but thought it was nice for a simple Thank you card, so I added the sticker sentiment to it.


It feels good to get some use out of the pile of extras I have laying around, I will be doing more I am sure.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

14 comments:

Lisa said...

I love when I can pull from my tote of items to make quick cards. I have really been pushing myself to do just that over the last couple of years because it was overflowing.

That first card makes a wonderful welcome card. I love your coloring on that sign and beautiful layering.

The second card is beautifully laid out and that dragonfly is a real show stopper.

But that third card is icing on the cake for the cards. I love that blue, love that scene and love how CAS the card is...oh my that is gorgeous.

Nicely done on all three of these cards for your daughter. I am sure she will love the selection of cards you give her.

Leslie Miller said...

You made pretty with your parts, Connie! Your basket must be a lot of fun to look through. I love all the stamps you used here and the cards are a beautiful variety. I know you must be excited to see your daughter in July!

Lowcarb team member said...

A very nice selection of cards.

Al the best Jan

Soma @ InkTorrents.com said...

Great that you saved the last one, it is such a lovely card. They are all so wonderful. I think you daughter will want to pick more than just one card.

-Soma

Kim said...

Connie, how wonderful your daughter is coming home for a visit. She has a lovely selection of cards to choose from.

Darlene said...

Hello my friend ... finally made it over to your blog! WOW these are awesome ... she's going to want them ALL!! lol

Kittie said...

It looks like you had a wonderful day playing! They are all so pretty!

Donna Phelan said...

Theme of blues....very pretty! I love to create just to create, it takes all of the pressure off! She'll adore all of these 9and probably many more) :)

April said...

I love making cards this way too! All of your cards are great! Have fun with your daughter.

Debbie said...

when i saw the first card i said, oh wow, that's my favorite. then i saw the last and it reminded me of home - then that became my favorite!!

this is such a kind thing to do for your daughter, i'll bet you can't wait for july!!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

A very exciting time for you! Your daughter will have a hard time choosing because your cards are all so beautiful. I'm particularly fond of the bottom thank you card.

Birgit said...

All your cards turned out sweet, Connie! I like to take out my scraps too, and just see what I can come up with. Each card is delightful, but I do love the blues on the first card. Beautifully done!

Em Louise Fairley said...

They are all beautiful xoxo

Louca por porcelana said...

So cute!