Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Warm wishes

 A lady at church went in for emergency surgery just before her birthday and ended up having sepsis after, she was in really bad shape, so I combined her birthday card with a get well card.


Trying to come up with something to do for her I remembered these stickers that I had come across looking for something else and they are very dimensional so I thought they would go perfect with the Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge which is layers.  I cut out bases for the two stickers to even add another layer and then cut the background from some old patterned papers I had that look like homemade paper.

  • Sunny Studio - Frilly Frames eyelet lace die
  • PPD - Stitched Postage Stamp Rectangle die
  • K&co. Brenda Walton dimensional stickers
  • Hero Arts - All Occasion messages stamp
  • Pizzazz aplenty - 3mm chocolate pearls


Hope you all had a good 4th, there were so many people setting off those huge fireworks all around us, I couldn't sleep, very tired this morning. Not to mention that I could hear the remains of the fireworks landing on our house so all I could think is our new roof is going to catch fire.  The 4th use to be a nice holiday but with all the neighbors setting them off now it is just a very anxious time for me, so sad.

Well that's over for another year and I have my daughter coming in today from Connecticut, we haven't seen her for 3 years, next post will be some more of the cards I finished for her to pick from for her to use.  

Have a great week and thanks for stopping by,

Connie

12 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Connie, this is a lovely card for your friend. A pleasure to hold and touch as well as to look at. I hope she recovers nicely. The news showed quite a few fireworks related fires, so it's a valid concern. Everything's getting so weird in this world. Today is a good day for you with your daughter coming in to visit. Enjoy!

Donna Phelan said...

Ooooh that was scary! Hope she is doing well! Pretty card for a birthday, pretty get well card, I think you got it all covered! We just hunker down for the 4th, too many tourists! Enjoy your daughter's visit, it's been far too long! xo~

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Connie, I love the layers and dimension, poor lady, hope she is feeling better now..

Luv CHRISSYxx

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous. Love this and gorgeouness on the card, Great colours and design... ☻

Kim said...

That is a bit concerning re the fireworks and the roof of your house. Hope the lady at your church is beginning to feel better. Your card is lovely. It will put a smile into her day.

Em Louise Fairley said...

It's beautiful, Connie. Hope she's feeling better xoxo

Birgit said...

This is a really sweet and thoughtful card you made, Connie. I'm sure your friend appreciates your thoughtfulness.

Debbie said...

such a really soft, beautiful, warm card. sepsis, no joke, i hope she is feeling better!!

we only have one neighbor who sets off his own fireworks and thankfully, we have never experienced the problems that you have. oooooh your poor new roof, i hope it is ok!!!

Esther Asbury said...

What a beautiful card for your friend. I absolutely love the background. Hope you have a wonderful visit with your daughter.

Soma @ InkTorrents.com said...

So thoughtful of you to make such a lovely card for her. I hope she is recovering and doing better now. Have the most wonderful time with your daughter.

-Soma

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh I love this card. I love the colors, love the layers, love the hearts, love the dimension you added. This is beautifully designed.

Donna Ellis said...

Connie, your friend will feel loved and cared for thru your beautiful card. Your cards always cheer me and make me feel cherished. Hoping she is soon feeling better. We agree about fireworks. Our home is in the middle of 5 acres, and each year our neighbors set off bigger, brighter, noisier fireworks. I wish there was a safer place to set them off. Fortunately this year, it rained most of the afternoon, making all the woods and pastures damp. More than anything, we feel badly for the local wildlife. I’m grateful everyone can celebrate Independence Day, just wishing it could be done in a somewhat different way. Huggers, de