Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Cosmo Cricket Sketch

Cosmo cricket has a new sketch by Debbie Olson you can find it Here . If you make a card using this sketch and post it on their blog by August 27th you have a chance of your card being published in Cards Magazine, how exciting is that :)

I chose to do a Vintage style card for mine.


I used Cosmo Crickets Everafter papers, aren't they Gorgeous, I just love this orange shade with the grey. 
My stamped image is from Stampers Anonymous, Birdsong stamp.  I used Grey cardstock to stamp it using Grey chalk ink from Studio G and Colorbox Pigment ink in Sepia Black to give it a two tone look.
Wrights lace (JoAnn Fabric store)  and I added Queen &co. pearls to the lace and to the grey piece of paper.  Behind the lace is Grey ribbon.
To finish it off I added Prima flowers instead of the bow.

Here is a close up picture of the card.


Hope you will have a chance to play along too :)
Thanks so much for stopping by,
Connie

10 comments:

Beate said...

Connie, your card is beautiful. Love the paper and layout you chose.
Hugs and smiles

patscrap said...

Love your card and your stamped image. Good luck !

Susan (rainy) said...

Beautiful card, Connie. Love the little extra touches.. like the pearls on the lace.

Lisa Elton said...

Lovely vintage look card Connie! Good Luck :)

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautiful! Love the colours and papers you chose and the lace is perfect for that vintage look! Good luck!

Debby said...

lovely card Connie .Love romantic vintage style cards.Good Luck!

Izzy Anderson said...

I love the orange and grey together. I need to remind myself to use more grey! This is lovely.

Sabrina Jackson said...

Connie, girl, I can't believe, I've missed this beauty!!! This card is absolutely AMAZING!!! Love the beautiful lace and the fab images.....they all go so well together. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Debbie Olson said...

Elegant and oh-so-lovely!

deb said...

Very pretty card. Love the use of the lace