Saturday, January 7, 2012

Stitched Pillow

I made this pillow for my girlfriend. I tea dyed the muslin before stitching. I drew out the image on paper then taped it to my light box, put the muslin over it and taped that down and went over the lines with a pencil.  Then I stitched in different DMC colors of floss, using backstitch and french knots for the berries.  The date is when they were married.  I tried to sketch their farm house, I was going to try and draw their horses around the fence part but decided they wouldn't look like horses so I might as well leave them out.


I was going for that country/folkart feel to this.

We had Beautiful weather yesterday, broke our record for high temps, sounds like most of the country did.  We took down our Christmas lights and decorations outside and took a walk.  My hubby mowed the back yard while I took down decorations in the house and then we grilled out for supper.... I just love it when we can get a nice break from winter :)

Wishing you all a Lovely weekend,
Connie

4 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, this is beautiful! Love that house and the pretty border. Great job! :o)

Beate said...

Beautiful pillow, Connie!
Enjoy the warm weather and have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs and smiles

cherry said...

So swweet your friend will love itl cherry

Leslie Miller said...

Well, that's just the cutest! It's got a real folk art look to it. I love it!