Monday, June 2, 2014

Sarah's Inspiration

Oooops I am a day late posting my inspiration card.  Yesterday was very busy day.  My inspiration came from Sarah's Blog .  She is the only one that I follow that does quilling and it is so pretty, I thought I just had to give it a try. Here and Basket Here are where I took my inspiration for this card from.  I used one of the styles of flowers from the card and in the basket you can see like curly cues stuck here and there that is what I did for the stem.


This card measures 5x7" so you can just imagine how big this flower was, curious how it will make it through the mail.  I didn't want to go out and buy quilling papers so I used cardstock from Michaels that is a little lighter weight and it seemed to work pretty good, although never using quilling paper I can't really compare.  I used my trimmer and cut the strips 1/8 inch.  don't know if you can tell but the center is out of the same gray I used on the background die.

If you have a chance check out Sarah's blog, she does more than just  beautiful quilling projects.  Thank you Sarah for giving me inspiration to try something totally new :)

Spellbinders -- Resplendent Rectangles and Back to basics tags dies
Colorbok -- Homespun signature collection papers
Stamps of Live -- Minis 4 circles sentiment stamp

Hope you are having a wonderful start to your week!
Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by,

Connie

10 comments:

SarahGeorge said...

Oh my!!! Connie, such a sweet person you are! :) I'm so glad I could inspire you to do quilling. See, after a long time, I posted my quilled card today :). Thank you once again!!
Your card is LOVELY!! How sweet that flower is! Even better than mine!Yes I can see the same gray at the center and the bg. Simply beautiful!

Stephanie said...

It's beautiful, Connie! I love quilling and find it to be stunning on many projects.
Sarah is a sweetheart and so talented, just like you, my friend. Hugs!

Linda Carson said...

Oh that's beautiful Connie! Love the quilling and how you framed it! You're really good at quilling! Love it!

Diane said...

Wow Connie what talent love the quilling and beautiful design.

Hugs Diane

Katie Sims said...

This is darling, Connie! I love your sweet flower....I have not yet attempted quilling but I have admired other's projects with that medium for a while. So glad I got to see this sweet creation of yours! :)

Marie-Louise said...

Well done Connie. This is fantastic.

Leslie Miller said...

I adore the look of quilling, but it's something I've never tried. You, on the other hand, are an adventurer and you did a beautiful job on this! I would never know it was your first attempt. Beautiful!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

super gorgeous!!!!
love the quilling !!!!
tfs:)

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty Connie. Love the quilling. I've never tried it, but it's fascinating! The decorative rectangle looks great behind the white panel. It must look wonderful in real life.

Shirley said...

Have to say this is beautiful! I have always wanted to quill! I love your colors and the colors are perfect ! Your die cuts are awesome too! I need to look at my Resplendent Rectangles. I didn't see that gorgeous die cut in the middle with the eyelet corners. I love it!