Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Masculine Birthday

Hello, today I am sharing another card for Stephanie's Roses of Inspiration link up. Make sure to stop by and check out all the inspiring posts!

This card is going to my nephew, I can't remember if he has turned 40 yet or not. I thought it was time to use my inchie stamps again, this time I used chalk ink directly to the stamp and then watercolored the backgrounds after with distress inks. The shading around the images were also done with distress inks. The background stamp I used was from the very first stamp set I ever bought at my first Stampin up party, that is what started my journey into cardmaking years ago. I never kept the name of the set back then but it has the date of 1997 on it.



Inkadinkado -- Tree and Leaves stamp set for inches, All occasions sentiment stamp set
Stampin up -- pine stamp 1997
Spellbinders -- A2 matting basicsA die
EK success -- 1" punch
Tim Holtz - woodgrain embossing folder
Ki -- metal accents

We are once again enjoying beautiful weather, it is so nice to be able to go out without a coat once again, Peanut and Jip are enjoying sunning themselves on our deck.  Oh Spring you just have to be excited for it!

Thanks to everyone who takes the time to stop by and share your comments,
Have a great week,

Connie

11 comments:

Marie-Louise said...

Gorgeous card Connie. Perfect for a male. Love the inchies.

Christine said...

So artistic! Love what you've done!

Leslie Miller said...

Those little stamps are super cute and your card is beautifully designed. So nicely balanced and everything perfect. Really love the outdoorsy natural look of it. I remember that SU! set. I used to have it, but the name escapes me, as well.

Katie Sims said...

What an awesome masculine card and I am sure your nephew will love it! Love the layout and those earthy colors work so well with your stamped images! :)

Kelly-Anne said...

Oh Connie! This is a beautiful masculine card! I always have trouble creating cards for men...I am such a girly girl and adore pinks, glitter, ribbons, and bows!
Thank you for the inspiration:-)
Husg and much love!
Kelly-Anne

Sheryl said...

This is a lovely card Connie, I like the colours you have chosen.

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Oh Connie, what a perfect card for your nephew. I'm sure he will appreciate your creativity and thoughtfulness.
Happy Easter!

Scrappy quilter said...

Another great card!

Pam Sparks said...

Love this Connie! Perfect 'man' card!

Stephanie said...

Definitely a perfect card for a guy :) I need to compile all of your masculine cards into a file so that I can refer to it whenever I need a card for a guy - you're always full of wonderful ideas!

Thanks for sharing with Roses of Inspiration. May you have a blessed Easter! Hugs!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty. Love those inchies and the fall colors. The pine needle images look great in the background.