Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Sending you Love

I am sharing my post once again over at Stephanie's Roses of Inspiration Link up. Stop by if you get the chance and see the other posts, great inspiration of all kinds.

Today I am sharing a card I made for the last living Aunt on my Dad's side of the family.  I believe she is turning 92 this year.  My Aunt and Uncle lived a couple hours away from us and I have great memories of going and visiting them when I was young.

I had a happy accident with this card, when I cut out the wavy border, I put the dies together wrong so the cut was just a narrow strip and I wanted the whole bottom of my card to have the other paper, so I added the bottom strip and then popped the thin strip over top and I really like the dimension that gave to it.


Pink Petticoat -- Pretty Potties stamp, colored w/markers
Colorbok -- Homespun papers
Spellbinders -- A2 Curved Borders one, standard circles lg and Splendid circles dies
Taylored Expressions -- Many minis Occasions stamps and Designer mini tags dies
Bazzill -- Brads
Wink of Stella -- Clear glitter pen

Thank you all for the warm Birthday wishes, I celebrated all weekend, now that is how to enjoy a birthday :)  My eyes are doing so much better everyday since my Cataract Surgery, the worse part is they feel very dry and I have a bruise under my eye where they gave me numbing shots, but such a blessing it is to see clearly again.

Hope the start of your week is going well and Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and leave your comments :)

Connie

11 comments:

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

I just love this beautiful card. I need to branch out with some dies.

Glad to read you are feeling better. Take care!

Christine said...

A gorgeous card and made with love!
Blessings to you!

Gentle Joy said...

This is really pretty! I like the delicate look to the edging... very nice. :)

Marie-Louise said...

Beautiful card Connie. So glad your eyes are getting better.

Sheryl said...

What a very lovely card.

Scrappy quilter said...

What a beautiful card.

Stephanie said...

Lovely card, my friend. I really like the miniature tag - cute idea!

Praise the Lord that you're eyes are doing well - what a blessed :) Thanks for sharing with Roses of Inspiration. I am so glad you link up your sweet cards. Hugs!

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Hi Connie,
Sorry I missed your birthday - Happy Belated Birthday to you! Your card is just gorgeous and so nice of you to remember your elderly Aunt. I have my Aunt Bette that I still correspond with - she lives 3000 miles away, but we call and write. So glad your surgery turned out so well! Wishing you a lovely week. Hugs xo Karen

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, that's cute! Such a pretty stamp and die, and I love the wavy border with the extra trim. A very happy accident, indeed! I'll have to remember that idea! I'm glad you're getting better from your cataract surgery. It sounds entirely different from my friend's surgery. She had no shots and was in and out with nearly instant recovery. Everyone's case is different, I guess. I hope it's all better soon!

Julie's Lifestyle said...

I love this beautiful card that you made, so pretty!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Happy belated birthday wishes to you and I'm so glad that you're cataract surgery was a blessing.
Your Aunt's card is so pretty and I'm sure that she loved it!