Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Stitch by Stitch

Today is my nephews wife's birthday.  She has just started to cross-stitch and asked for some advice to get her started. I wish so much that we didn't live so far from family it sure would have been fun to share with her in person how to do it and sit and stitch together :)  I had won this stamp and die set from Taylored Expressions so it is the first thing I thought to use for her birthday.

Using the MISTI to stamp it sure did help.  I used my Specturm Aqua markers to color the stamp itself before stamping it onto my paper.



For the sentiment and the floss I used another set that I got free from Cardmaking and Papercraft Magazine. This crafty paper worked perfect with the stitched theme of the card too :)



Taylored Expressions -- Embroidery Hoop die and Stitch by Stitch stamps
Spectrum Aqua Markers
Sew Pretty Vintage stamps -- sentiment and floss
Die-namics -- cross-stitch rectangles die (sentiment tag)
DCWV -- Crafty paper

Thanks so much for stopping in today, I appreciate it,

Connie

18 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! I really thought this was needle point or cross-stitch! Wonderful card, and such pretty textures in your elements, Connie! How nice to be close to family, and know they will appreciate what you do. Darling card - and a beautiful sentiment! Hope your week has been enjoyable, Connie. hugs, de

Unknown said...

Sew PERFECT! This is so thoughtful of you, she will adore it! That's a wonderful stamp and the best sentiment too! Fantastic card, Connie!

Esther Asbury said...

So adorable! Your nephews wife will love it!

Debbie said...

this will be perfect for her!!! you did a beautiful job, the stamp looks just like cross stitch!!!!

Oliva Ohlson said...

Simple beautiful work!!! For a minute there I thought it was real cross-stitched!!!

Janice said...

Such a clever and personal card Connie, it looks like a piece of real cross stitch! I'm sure your nephew's wife will be delighted with it.

AppleApricot Wen said...

Beautiful!! And such a great idea too! I really love this one, Connie. It would be so lovely if you could help her and stitch along with her in person, I hope it will be a reality one day :)

Alex said...

That is so sweet! What a clever stamp.
I have tried cross stitch a few times, with mixed results it is so tiny and I get in tangles!!

My best to you, Connie! X

Christine said...

Oh Connie this is sooooooo sweet! You know how much I love cross stitching! & owls are just the best! I really love this !
Great job!
Have a happy day!

Leslie Miller said...

How perfect for your nephew's wife! You always seem to have just the right stamps. The stamp sets combined so perfectly -- wow! And love the die cut embroidery hoop and paper. The paper really is so darling!

Pam Sparks said...

the perfect card for her! Don't you love it when that happens! Pretty card Connie!

Roosterhead Designs said...

OH Connie my goodness! This si precious and I'm sure she will love it! How creative and amazing~ (And I give credit to the die and stamp creators of our time as well; Who thinks of this great stuff?!) Love the spool. Thanks for sharing; it is a wonderful card~

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

Such an appropriate card......it worked out perfectly for your situation. She will love it.

April said...

What a perfect card for her! Love it!

Diane said...

Such a delightful and clever design Connie.

Hugs Diane

Lowcarb team member said...

That is so good.
I also liked your previous post - the candle ring/wreath

All the best Jan

Daniela said...

I'm truly amazed by the originality of your beautiful cards, my lovely, you're stunning !

Much love

Dany

Monika/Buzsy said...

Super cute! I love the embroidery hoop die! I've been looking it at them for couple of weeks now. Trying to figure out what company to go with. The owl is so sweet!