Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Flower Challenge

I know for a flower challenge you would think my flowers would be a little more prominent on my card, but instead I added many and scattered them :)

I am linking my card today with The Flower Challenge Blog which this time is a sketch.



Here is my card


Did you catch my boo boo.... I have the bird on the wrong side :(  Well if I would have put him on the correct side he would have been staring at the side of the card.  I used this embossing folder thinking it gives the look of swirling clouds.  I softly inked it. I also added some white dots to the center of my flowers.

Spellbinders -- Cherry Blossom die set
Cheery Lynn Designs -- Feathered Friends die
Distress inks-- Worn Lipstick on flowers and Tumbled glass on embossed background
Cuttlebug -- D'vine Swirl Embossing Folder

Stop by their blog and check out the other great inspiration the ladies have for this challenge :)

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today, I really appreciate it!

Connie

16 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

How lovely, Connie. You have truly gifted me this morning! I can see how this image (with that embossing folder) It's in my stash, too. Your pretty scene is perfect for spring, but also, for a blustery winter day with winter poinsettia-like flowers on the tree - either way, it is perfect for Spring or Winter! Thanks for the fantastic idea today, and for sharing your pretty card! hugs, de

Beth Norman said...

You used my favourte go-to embossing folder. Isn't it a wonderful one. Never noticed the bird in the wrong direction. It's just perfect the way it is. Beautifully executed for the sketch.

Pam Sparks said...

Pretty Connie! This sketch looks so fun! Love what you did with it!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I think it is soft and beautiful with that swirly cloudy background. I think the bird is exactly right and IMO it is fine to flip the sketch.

TFS!

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like this Connie, I think it's nicely done.

My good wishes for the new week ahead

All the best Jan

Unknown said...

Still don't see the boo boo even after you told me lol! great texture, pretty flowers and I adore that Red Cardinal....he's so regal no matter which way he is looking! :)

Anonymous said...

I can't see the mistake, Connie. Does the card open up the other way? Still a beautiful card. The swirls do look like clouds! xo

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Connie, wow your card is beautiful. I can't see a mistake. Looks perfect to me and anyone would love to receive this. The background swirls are so pretty. Love the soft color too.
Have a nice week. xo

Cheryl said...

Very pretty card :-) I love-love-love embossing folders. I have never lightly inked the embossed surface before.... I must do this! Super cute idea :-)

Janice said...

Wonderful card, I can't see the mistake! I too have this embossing folder which needs to be used again!
Such a soft look to it when it is inked.

Linda Walker said...

Nope, did not see the boo boo Connie! All I saw was one beautiful card! I have a yard full of cardinals right now. One of my favorite birds! Love this card boo boo and all!
Hugs,
Linda

Debbie said...

beautiful, i like these designs!! even though there are not a lot of flowers/they are not huge, they are still the star of the card - you made that happen!!

there are no boo-boo's!!!!

Connie said...

Very pretty and I really like how you did the swirling clouds. Your cards are small treasures and I know the people that receive them treasure forever. Have a lovely day sweet friend.
Connie :)

Leslie Miller said...

Love it! Fabulous dies and very creative thinking to let the embossing folder emulate swirling clouds. No reason you can't flip the sketch. It looks wonderful!

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Love the blossoming branch and swirly clouds, Connie. Such a nice springtime scene with the 'singing' bird! xo Karen

Karren said...

Beautiful card and gorgeous texture! Love the flowery branches! Thanks so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge.