Friday, November 24, 2017

Decorative Diecuts

I saw this sketch that showed 4 squares and my first thought went to all those little dies that are in the center of the spellbinder die sets that I never seem to use, and that was the starting point to this card. I wanted a little something extra though so I chose this paper that had printed leaves at the bottom, I don't know why blank space is so hard for me.... I liked the look but it need something, so I added the flower in the center, the outline is a sticker and I placed it on a sheet that I made from colorburst and cut around the flower, added some dots with my sparkle pen and popped it up in the center, still needed something so I added the pearls, there we go now that looks good :)

It's really surprising I get a card made isn't it, LOL!


The diecuts came out looking a little peachy but they are more of an orange color in real life.

Spellbinders - Captivating Squares and Classic square lg. dies
Sticklers -- Flower sticker
Colorburst background for the flower
Spectrum noir sparkle pen - Smoked quartz (flower center)
Queen & co. - Pearls - chocolate delight
My Favorite things -- Label Maker Sentiments

I hope for those in the states that you enjoyed a nice Thanksgiving and have a wonderful weekend, we have sunshine and warm temps for today and Saturday, so hopefully I will be outside most of the time, you never know how long this will last :)

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Connie

14 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! What a great use of textures and colors AND SHAPES! I love that you chose to mix the dies and leaves, Connie. And yes, I often wonder how I'd use those small, pretty dies that are in so many layering sets. You have me totally inspired! Thank you for sharing yet another imaginative beauty! hugs, de

Leslie Miller said...

I'm not very good about using those smallest dies that come with sets, but look how pretty this is! You're constantly inspiring me. Love the outline sticker in the center. Those are always so pretty. Beautiful leaf paper. The sun is shining today, so my crafting day may turn into a doggie day. They need to get out and run, and I suppose I should, too.

Esther Asbury said...

I love how you used those little dies! Sort of reminds me of a quilt look. That leaf dp is fabulous - great card!

Janice said...

I love your 4 squares, lovely colour and such pretty detail.

Kim said...

It's funny how we want to fill up blank spaces, isn't it. A pretty card, Connie. Love all the pretty details.

Donna Phelan said...

Oooh such a great idea, and those are really pretty die cuts!

Birgit said...

Wow ~ This is really stunning! Love the colors and those pretty die cut squares. So detailed and gorgeous!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty Connie. Love the background paper with the lovely fall colors. The decorative squares look really nice. The flower is the perfect embellishment. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration.

Beth Norman said...

You put your small dies to good use. I love your background and the flower in the centre of your squares. Fantastic work. Have a nice weekend Connie!

Debbie said...

Love this card Connie, it has a wonderful symmetrical feel with a warm touch of fall!!! We had a really nice thanksgiving, we are in North Carolina with our youngest son!!!!!!!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Beautiful!! I hope you had a wonderful Holiday!!
Thanks so much for stopping by!!
Hugs,
Debbie

April said...

A great way to use the small dies. Very lovely!

Anonymous said...

Connie, what a gorgeous card! I thought the middle was was a sunburst but I see the flower now.

Lowcarb team member said...

This is one of my favourites.
Love how its turned out.

All the best Jan