Saturday, December 2, 2017

Birdie Trio

I cut this out of white cardstock and colored with my markers, the background paper is a bit busy so I placed it onto a die cut to frame it.  Can you believe this paper was from a paper pack I bought when I first started cardmaking over 12 years ago, back then I didn't save any names of the paper I was buying, didn't have a blog or anything yet :)



The wing portion of the die can be removed and that is what I did but then I didn't like the white showing through so I used one of my sparkle pens to add a little color.

Tutti Design -- Birdie Trio die, colored w/markers
Spellbinders - Classic scalloped oval lg. die
My Favorite things - Label maker sentiment stamp
Spectrum Noir sparkle pens- Harvest moon (for wing)
Diamond Dazzlers

We are enjoying some warm temps this weekend, the last they say, next week we get into the winter temperatures!

Hope you enjoy a lovely weekend,
Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by,

Connie

13 comments:

Sandra said...

Your card is very pretty. We too have been experiencing warmer than normal weather but the more real winter weather is heading our way. I guess we have to enjoy the nice temp's now while we can.

Louca por porcelana said...

Very cute!

Donna Phelan said...

Oh I believe it....it takes a crafter to know a crafter lol I love the Designer Paper, it's super pretty! The die cut works well and I love the birds and viney cuts. So pretty! Plus it's nice to see a non Holiday card! Yay! :)

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This is so cute. I love your old paper and the coloring matches perfectly. Great job! It is warmish here too, not sure how long it will last.

Debbie said...

a beautiful card, proving nothing ever goes out of style!! the birds are amazing!!!!

our weather has been perfect, very warm for december!! have a happy sunday connie!!!

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Connie! What a tweet TWEET card with the old background LOL and the new die! It's a beautiful design! (Love the black sentiment, too) hugs, de

Leslie Miller said...

I love anything with birds! If I saw this Tutti die before I don't remember it and I think that's because you made it so extra pretty with your coloring. I really like the paper you used. Some things never lose their appeal. I probably would have been hoarding this paper.

Beth Norman said...

What a darling card, Connie. I love the bg paper because it coordinates so well with your birds and vines.

Ashley said...

all your cards are absolutely precious! i love this little birdy card! i wouldn't mind this sort of card for my birthday! ;)

Janice said...

A really pretty card, your colouring matches the paper beautifully. I too have plenty of stash from the early days.....don’t like to part with anything! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Connie, I love background colors and texture. So pretty!

Linda Walker said...

This is a very sweet card. Love the birds! Your card creations are wonderful Connie! xx

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

What a beautiful card! You put so much work into each detail. I have a lot of paper from when I first started stamping/scrapbooking many many years ago too! We got some snow this week, and we are enjoying typical winter weather here now :) Have a blessed weekend!