Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Stockings hung

I subscribed to Cardmaking and Papercrafts magazine once again and this embossing folder came and I new I had to use it for my Daughter and Son in laws Christmas card.  She just loved it.

After embossing I went to town coloring the image with markers, I used a yellow chalk for the background.


There were also stamps and the stocking die with this magazine also.  I stamped and colored the candle and hand cut it out.  Before adding it to the card I decided to take my finger and add a little Nuvo Mousse to the sentiment that is embossed so that the sentiment would stand out a little better.  Now I thought I had just a little touch left on my finger and I thought well I will just swipe it across the card to give a little textured look to the card, OH MY there was much more on my finger than I thought and now I had a big smudge on my paper, I could not remove that stuff for nothing, Soooo I now decided that is where my candle needed to go, and hopefully it would look like glowing candle on the wall.  After coloring the logs and fire, which are separate stamps, I added some sparkle to the fire with my clear wink of stella glitter pen and some stickles to the flame on the candle.

Cardmaking & Papercrafts magazine -- Cosy Christmas (fireplace embossing folder, stocking die, fire and logs stamp and candle stamp) Colored w/markers and background with chalk
Stickles - Yellow
Nuvo Mousse - Indian Gold
Wink of Stella - Clear glitter pen on fire

This was fun to make but one of those cards that you only make one of.  I still have a couple cards I made last night, hopefully they will get to them by Christmas.

Thanks for taking the time out to stop by today,

Connie


10 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

What a neat embossing folder, it does make a different looking card! Very pretty, but I hear you on these cards that take a lot of work! Hope you are doing well!

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! Amazing, Connie, and so much attention to detail! I love the different textures, not only in the coloring styles, but always with the dimension. Merry Christmas! hugs, de

Louca por porcelana said...

So cute!Congratulations,you are a great artist,Connie!Your cards are wonderful and very creative.Hugs!

Darlene said...

OMG so cute and love how you personalized it! I love that you turned a 'negative' into a POSITIVE! GREAT JOB!

Kelly @ Homespuns 'n Hayfields said...

I love the card Connie. There's just something special about stockings hung on the fireplace mantel. I chuckled about the smear and your placement of the candle. It's perfect, I never would have known.

Have a wonderful Christmas!

Kelly

Anonymous said...

Connie, I received your beautiful card today! I loved it - very Victorian! I truly need to pick up that magazine. I try not to subscribe to them as my mailman tends to smash magazines. I'd rather buy it whole from Barnes and Noble or somewhere. Love the fireplace & stockings and especially the candle!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. I can see why she loved it. Oh, and I think your big smudge looks like it belongs there. Another great job, Connie.

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely, just lovely ...

All the best Jan

Leslie Miller said...

What a beautiful embossing folder, and your "glow" on the wall looks perfect to me! I can imagine only making one of these, but it's very special for your daughter's family!

Janice said...

A fab magazine freebie, love your card Connie. I would never have seen your mishap if you hadn’t have mentioned it!