Sunday, May 20, 2018

Scribble flowers

Another lucky find at the Local stamp store sale, this stamp is mounted on wood. I was thinking of coloring directly on the stamp and then stamping but instead I went with water coloring after stamping using my Spectrum Aqua markers, by applying them to my acrylic stamp mount and then using a water brush to pick up the color, I ended with a little clear sparkle pen.


After it was dry I mounted it onto brown cardstock and the wrapped it all in twine and threaded it through my tag to attach it.  The added gems were a find at the stamp store in Missouri.

Stampendous - Flower Field stamp, colored w/Spectrum Aqua markers and Clear sparkle pen
Crate paper - DIY shop paper
Memory Box - Stitched Rectangle Layers die
Spellbinders - Back to Basics Tags die
American Crafts - Twine
Stamps of life - Minis 4 circles sentiment stamp set
Pawsitively Pawsome Designs - Diamond Dazzlers



Thanks so much for taking the time to stop in today and I wish you a fabulous week to come,

Connie

12 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, I love those flowers... with the soft water coloring. Very pretty card Connie. The tag is so sweet.

Kim said...

Another clever way to embellish a card. Love the soft water colouring on the flowers. Such a sweet card, Connie.

Donna Phelan said...

So dainty and delicate. So pretty! I do love a wonky panel!

Leslie Miller said...

I've always loved this stamp so much and you've colored it exactly perfectly! The loose watercolor with sparkle looks fabulous! Cute with the angle, the twine and tag. What fun, Connie!

Beth Norman said...

Lucky find. I think I"ll go take a peak at my thrift store now as they usually have stamps. Thanks for enabling.

This is a very nice card. Love the scribbled flowers and the watercolouring. Also love the twine.

Roosterhead Designs said...

Completely wonderful card Connie!Thanks for sharing your methods too;
I always find that helpful and useful : ) hugs, karen o

April said...

I love these flowers and great job on your card! I really like the twine with the saying.

Janice said...

Love your stamped flowers, so pretty!

Connie said...

Connie, I love this card . . . you always add just enough detail to make your cards interesting and charming, without so much that they become overly busy. Watch out Hallmark . . . here comes Connie :)

Debbie said...

i really like the light, fun feeling of this card...and all the great little details!!! i wonder what you used this for??

Lowcarb team member said...

Such nice soft colours ...

All the best Jan

FAZENDO ARTE said...

beatiful....