Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Twofer Challenge - Butterflies

I really need to get to these challenges a little sooner, I feel like I am hitting them just under the wire. The challenge at the Twofer Card Challenge blog this month is butterflies.  You have to use one stamp in two different ways and for different themed cards.  I would say probably 90% of my cards are Birthday but my great niece is also graduating from High School, so the blue one will go to her and the other one to my girlfriend for her birthday.



My first is a birthday card, I started off thinking I was going to make a wreath with my butterflies but I don't know that it actually turned out that way, but it frames the sentiment :)


Verve Stamps - Butterfly grace (butterfly)
Inkadinkado - Nature stamp set (flowers)
Stampendous - Leaf stamp
EK Success - Corner punch
Raspberry Road designs - Love lives here paper
Paper Smooches - Happy Birthday sentiment stamp
Martha Stewart - Leaf punch
Store bought flower
Lace
Nuvo - Autumn Red
Stickles - Fruit punch


This time I Stamped in blue and colored in the butterflies with yellow, adding some wink of stella clear pen to them.  Cut the leaf stem twice and layered.The sentiment has been popped up with foam tape.

Verve stamps - butterfly grace, colored w/markers and Wink of stella clear pen
Spellbinders - A2 matting basics A die
Memory Box - Fresh Foliage die
My Favorite things - Label maker sentiment stamp

You have until May 24 th to do this challenge.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and let me know you have,

Connie

16 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

STUNNING just gorgeous two cards and fabulous colours, amazing.xx[aussie aNNie blog]

Birgit said...

these are both fantastic Connie! I love the circle of butterflies and how they frame the sentiment. Your other card is so pretty too, in blue and yellow. I am right there with you when it comes to getting cards in just under the wire. I do it all the time. Glad we're not alone. ;0) Have a happy day my friend!

Louca por porcelana said...

Butterflies are my favorites,beautiful cards!Hugs,dear Connie!

Stephanie said...

Beautiful cards, my friend. Your creativity always inspires me...thanks for sharing! Hugs to you!

Happy Dance said...

Those Verve butterflies are so pretty! Love the way you've framed your sentiment with that butterfly wreath, and those colors are so happy! I'm sure your friend will love this card! I love the butterflies in those blues and yellows. Great idea to have them sitting on those branches. Very pretty! Thanks for joining us at the Twofer Challenge. Bev

Janice said...

Love your butterfly cards, so perfect for the challenge. I love the colours of the second one particularly. :-)

Beth Norman said...

Very nice way you framed your sentiment. Two stunning cards.

April said...

Your cards are beautiful, Connie! I love both of them.

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Lovely cards, dear Connie! The butterflies are so sweet. I hope you have a relaxing holiday weekend. Hugs xo Karen

Kim said...

Both cards are lovely, Connie. I love how you used the butterfly in different ways. There is no limit to your imagination.

Donna Phelan said...

Both cards are beautiful! I love all of your pretty butterflies. Perfect colors, perfect designs! Lovely!

Leslie Miller said...

Connie, these are pretty pretty -- double the pretty 'cause you have two very special cards! I love your wreath idea...hmmm...will have to file that away in my brain. I also love how your grad butterflies look stamped in blue and colored in yellow. All such a pretty combo on that card with the die cut and background paper. It's nice that you did the Twofer and made cards you'll be using soon. Make 'em and use 'em. Love that!

Lowcarb team member said...

I just love butterflies ...
Two very nice cards.

All the best Jan

Darnell said...

It's a pleasure to meet you and follow you, Connie, and I'd love to have you follow me, too, as well as the Twofer challenge! You did a great job with both of your designs! It's a really pretty butterfly and it looks stunning as part of your floral wreath birthday card for your friend! I love the plaid and the lace ribbon, too! And your niece will cherish your sensational card of congratulations for her graduation! The blues and yellows look amazing together with the honeycomb background! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #5! Hugs, Darnell

handmade by amalia said...

Such lovely cards, dear Connie. I love butterflies as well, and we have so many this year, it is a delight.
Amalia
xo

Debbie said...

these are all so pretty connie, you have such talent. "smile and laugh a lot" the perfect sentiment!!

i really like the blue with the yellow, that's a great color combination!!!