Friday, July 20, 2018

Artist training coins

I don't feel I really did a great job with this challenge but I wanted to share with others that may have not heard of this like I hadn't heard of them at the time.

Artist trading cards are cards that you create that are 2 1/2 x 3 1/2. The coins are 2 1/2 inches round. If you are interested you can read about them HERE.  They can be very detailed I went a bit simple on mine.  The challenge was to do your own background on the coin and stamping.  If you wanted you could make it into a card, which is what I did, a lady from church was admitted to the hospital for pneumonia, so I made her a card using it.  I used the Distress Oxide inks for the background, I added a touch of water to give the speckled look to the background..  The background paper was from a cardmaking friend she sent in my birthday card in March, I thought the stitched swirls went well with the swirl in the stamp.



The die cut I used was 2 3/4 inches but if I only added ink to the center part it made it 2 1/2 inches so while the paper was still in the die I added the ink.

Spellbinders - Standard circle lg., curved rectangles and ribbon tags trio dies
Stampin up - of the earth stamp
Distress Oxides - Peeled paint and worn lipstick
Hero Arts - Everyday sayings stamp set

I hope you all enjoy a great weekend!
Thanks for taking the time to stop by and say Hi :)

Connie

13 comments:

Louca por porcelana said...

I don't understand anything about crafting,but I think you did a great job!It is pretty!Hugs!

Beth Norman said...

I love artist trading coins. They've been around for a bit and I too had a chance to play with them. Connie, I like the pretty colours on your coin and how you turned it into a card.

Gina said...

The colors are very peaceful, Connie. I read the ink as worm lipstick instead of worn. xx

aussie aNNie said...

Magnificent colour combo, loving this work of art.xx

Nancy Chan said...

That is a sweet, pretty piece of craft! Love the soft colours.

Debbie said...

oh i think this is great, i love the light, fun feeling of this card!!!

ChristineCreations said...

Sometimes its really fun to work on a tiny canvas. What a pretty design Connie! Lovely thoughtful card.

Lowcarb team member said...

The colours go nicely together …

All the best Jan

Donna Phelan said...

I knew about ATC in cards, but not as coins. I think your coin is gorgeous, especially with the pretty pink and green and that delicate stamped silhouette. LOVE!!!

Kim said...

Don't you like this card....really?? I love it. This pretty card will cheer your sick friend's days.

Esther Asbury said...

I've never heard of Artist Trading Coins, but I love the card you created with yours! I think it turned out quite beautiful!

Farmhouse and Feathers said...

I've never heard of it either. Love your card though. Very creative you are.
Hugs,Sherry

Janice said...

Your project is just fabulous! I have heard for ATC’s but never made one, but haven’t heard of the coins before. A clever idea!