Monday, July 16, 2018

Challenges

Good Monday Morning to you all, we are starting the week off very HOT and Humid but they are reassuring us we will have a few days this week that aren't so humid and in the 80's!!!

This week I would like to share some challenges my stamp group had last week, I wasn't able to do all the challenges as it was a busy week around here, but I did manage some of them.

Today I will start off the challenge I had for us to try, I found this video HERE that I loved the water color look of the background and it was done by using waterbased markers and since I am always trying to find new ways to use my Spectrum Aqua markers I thought I would give it a try.  Now I wanted to have a little bigger area to work with so I used a Quart size bag and I really think I should have used a sandwich bag because the quart size is a bit stiffer material and I don't know that it worked as well, I wanted to try again with a sandwich bag but just didn't get the time.


I applied Moss and Rose Stem colors for my green in a checker board pattern on my bag, hoping to get a mix of greens not all one tone, doing the same for the browns I applied Sepia and Chocolate. I stamped the trees a couple times but didn't get great coverage on the watercolor paper so I ended up Stamping again with Distress Oxide in Walnut stain and embossed with clear powder and that helped it stand out more.

Inkadinkado- Fall trees stamp
Spectrum Aqua markers- Sepia, Chocolate, Moss and Rose stem for background
DCWV - Once upon a time background paper
Spellbinder die

I will try and post a challenge a day this week but I am not promising anything, so funny how life gets in the way :)

Have a terrific week and thanks for taking the time to stop by,

Connie

8 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! The color combination is fabulous, Connie, and so out of the ordinary! Your distressed edging brings even more drama to your pretty scene. Gorgeous embossing and watercoloring! hugs, de

Beth Norman said...

The results turned out beautifully. I like the scene too. It reminds me of many of the photos you took and shared with us.

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful and serene card, lovely green and your colouring is amazing.xx

Kim said...

I love the way you experiment with all your bits and bobs and always produce a fabulous card. Love the blend of greens and browns in this one. Love too, the sculptural trees.

Leslie Miller said...

I would say your background turned out just as good as anything I saw on the video. Had to take a peek, even though I'm short on time. Leaving again for another week-long trip. You chose a nice stamp to go with your background, too, and made a perfect masculine card. Hope you're getting some of that cooler weather. 80's still sounds hot to me. Everywhere but here is hot and we're heading right into it!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, I love that background Connie. The technique worked really well with the tree images! It's a really nice masculine card... and easy to make if you have the right bag. :)

Esther Asbury said...

What a cool background, Connie! It goes perfectly with your trees and really feels woodsy! Love the dies you used too - everything goes together wonderfully!

Donna Phelan said...

What a serene scene (and pretty) you have created. Reminds me of a photo you and/or your Hubby might take on your travels!