Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Military Appreciation

This card is for a Man at our church who is over in Afganstan for 4 months, we wanted to let him know we are thinking about him and he is in our prayers.
I used Star Fabric scraps that I had left over from my Dad's quilt to use for the corner and border of the card. Stitched on using my provocraft sew mini, wish I would have dragged out my big sewing machine, I have alot better control with it, but I didn't. the star is a Coaster board die cut, I just added a silver glitter border. Torn corner reveals the sentiment stamp from My sentiments exactly.


The Sun is shining bright oh how I love it!!! Only 16 degrees but just to have the sun shinning is so nice :-)
Thanks so much for stopping by, and for your comments,
Connie

4 comments:

JeanneLee said...

Connie, nice looking card! I know he appreciates being thought of and prayed for.
We have a lawyer friend also over in Afghanistan. She is at the half way point...half a year to go. I just sent her a box of handmade loom knitted scarves...its cold over there at night! We hear from her at lease once every few weeks.

Debby said...

what a great military card!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Awesome card!!! Connie, being a retired AF wife I know how much appreciated a handmade card is. While my DH was in the desert for 6 months he always told me how good it was to see when a service member got a card from back home and how much it means to them!! Hugs, Sabrina

Cora said...

All I could think of was what a lovely card