Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine Bag

Beate gives such great inspiration, and her Genie bag was a great idea to put some candy in for my husbands valentine.  He had been mentioning for a week or so before that he was craving Milky way bars, so when I saw Beate's bag I thought that would be perfect to put a bag of milky way minatures in.  Of course I had to try and make it a little more masculine.  I used the colors of cardstock that he said he liked one time when he went to the store with me.

Cuttlebug embossing folder, leaf border and leaf punch from Martha Stewart, Cloud 9 design epoxy sticker, mounted on cardstock and cut out with scissor and mounted on a spellbinder die. Button from Flea market top border punch is Fiskar

Here is another view, I probably should have taken pictures without the candy in there, it bulges out a bit.


Here is a view of the other side of the bag. Martha Stewart branch punch for the bottom edge, fiskar border punch for the top, Cuttlebug embossing folder and sizzix leaf die. Another cloud nine epoxy sticker for the sentiment, both buttons were wood but this one had a wooden shank that was all in one with the button so I cut a hole with my punch put the shank through and then put mounting tape on the back to accomadate it.  I also ended up deciding not to put a handle on it, but kind of wished I had now.


I think in this pic you can see how the candy is making the bag bulge.  Well I sure hope you can get over to Beate's Blog she does great video's and I so appreciate that since I am quite the visual learner!!

Thanks so much for stopping by, Hope everyone is enjoying some warmer weather :)
Connie

6 comments:

Sabrina Jackson said...

Oh my goodness, Connie, girl this is AWESOME!! I love the genie bag idea and this one came out fabulous!!! I bet your hubby was head over heals over this beauty...especially the filling :D:D
It has been ages since I made one, but seeing your beautiful one, I think I need to get those lunch sacks out and get decorating. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Debby said...

looks great!!

Beate said...

Connie, those bags look amazing!
Hugs and smiles

ChristineCreations said...

Your buttons are awesome Connie ...these are great gift bags!

Anonymous said...

clever idea and these came out beautiful!

Renee said...

these are awesome, I am loving your blog! and am now following you. stop by and give me a visit when you can. hugs and blessings.