Monday, February 24, 2014

Time to Celebrate

My card today is hopefully masculine, at least that is what I was going for, I hope he likes it anyway :)  I was going for a look of sunrise in this one.



I placed the two dies inside of one another and cut them out at the same time to get that framing.  I did the same technique on my last card too, I forgot to mention that.

Taylored Expressions-- Whimsical wishes, from my window, colored w/markers
Spellbinders -- Labels 22 and Classic Rectangles dies
My Mind's eye-- Indie chic
DCWV -- mat stack in neutrals
Torn strip is unknown
SRM Stickers-- Happy birthday set

Hope your week is starting off well, it is a bit chilly here but the sun is shining and that is always a good thing,

Thanks so much for stopping by,
Connie

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Fabulous card and definitely masculine! I love the look of it :) Hugs to you, sweet Connie!

Joann said...

Great job with your framing Connie. I really love your masculine cards, wish I was better at them, I have the hardest time with those. xx

Leslie Miller said...

You did an amazing job with the sunrise on this image! Love how you created the window to look onto your little scene. Very pretty, but also very masculine.

Diane said...

Fabulous card Connie, love the window frame and beautiful scene.

Hugs Diane

SarahGeorge said...

Fabulous card, Connie.Beautiful window scene:). Congrats on the ODBD win:).Saw your card on the announcement day and was so happy for you:) That card deserved the win:)

Shirley said...

How beautiful, Connie! I like how you tore your wonderful DPs and the image is lovely!!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

simply sweet !!!!
love the way you did the torn background!!!! what a nice touch!
tfs:)