Friday, February 7, 2014

Friends

My girlfriend is going through a really rough time right now, so I when I saw this image on my daily calendar by Mary Engelbreit, I just had to make a card for her and hopefully bring a smile in midst of all that is going on.  She REALLY LOVES the color pink, so that is why this is filled with pink.


The flowers on the side were  fussy cut from a separate piece of paper in the pack, thought it helped to frame it.

Image and sentiment -- Mary Engelbreit's daily calendar 2014
Spellbinders -- Labels Eight and Decorative Labels Eight
g.c.d. -- Melody Ross Designer collections paper
Lace

Wishing you all a great weekend, stay warm and safe :)

Thanks so much for stopping by,
Connie

10 comments:

Krystal Kats said...

Very pretty. Sorry to hear about your friend going through a hard time. I hope life gets better for her soon. I love your fussy cut! darling!

Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Lovely! Your friend will most definitely appreciate your kindness and artistry.

Shirley said...

Connie, I would say this card is filled with love! Your friend will really smile! I really like your image and sentiment too! The lace and die cut are just the perfect embellishements to bring out your whole design.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very sweet Connie. Your friend will love it and it sure to put a smile on her face. Love the pretty flowers and the gorgeous lace.

Susan (rainy) said...

Don't you just love Mary Engelbreit! What a wonderful image and sentiment for your friend. Sorry that she is going through some stuff right now.

Marie-Louise said...

Great card and a very lovely thought. Hope things improve for your friend very soon.

Leslie Miller said...

That is the greatest, most cute and charming image and sentiment and, oh, my goodness, Connie, you made it up so pretty in pink! Love it!

Diane said...

Sorry to hear about your friend Connie, here's to hoping things improve. I am sure this darling card will pick up her spirits.

Hugs Diane

Stephanie said...

This card is truly beautiful and very heart-felt. I am sure your friend was blessed by it when you gave it to her. I pray she is doing better. Hugs to you!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

simply the sweetest!!!!
really dig the sentiment!
tfs:)