Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Wish

My great nephew is quite the little monkey, I can remember when he was younger he would climb right up his mother until he was on her shoulders, it was the funniest thing to see, he is quite fearless. So that is what brought me to using this Monkey image that came from a daily scrapbook calendar I had a couple years ago, I don't think they make them anymore or at least I haven't seen any in the past couple of years.


Monkey image -- diecut from scrapbook calendar
My mind's eye -- boy crazy paper
Spellbinders -- Square swatches and font one lowercase dies
Martha Stewart - Border punch
Stickles -- yellow (on candle flame)

All of our snow had finally just melted and now we have about 4 more inches out there again, this is the most times we have had snow in one winter since we have moved here, a lot of accidents in the area yesterday. 
I did a little bit of reorganizing in my craft room yesterday, a lot still needs to be done but it feels good, better to tackle a little at a time, doesn't feel too overwhelming that way I think.  I was good though, usually what happens is I get started see something that gives me an idea for a card and I quit cleaning up and just make another card, but not this time I stuck to it!

Thanks so much for stopping by,

Connie

7 comments:

Linda Carson said...

Too cute! I have a couple of great nephews who could give yours a run for his money!!

Leslie Miller said...

Well, of course you had to save that one for your great nephew! It's perfect! Cute card for him and I know he'll get a kick out of it. The same thing happens to me when I clean my room. I find something, start crafting, and wind up with a bigger mess!

Diane said...

Just adorable Connie, wonderful papers and image.

Hugs diane

Susan (rainy) said...

This is so cute, and sounds like it is perfect for your great nephew!

Congrats on getting some reorganizing done. I had to laugh because your usual M.O. of starting to clean and then seeing something fun and ending up making a card... Yup, me too... exactly!! Then there is usually a bigger mess then when I started! LOL

Shirley said...

OMGosh, Connie, he is too darn cute and I can almost see your nephew on his mother's shoulders too. Smiling here. Really like how you mounted him and the DP's and punched border you used!! He will love this. What a keeper.

Stephanie said...

Oh how cute! My nephew LOVES monkeys and he would go "banana's" over this card :) haha Thanks for sharing!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

way TOOOOO CUTE!!!
excellent coloring!!
tfs:)