Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Best Wishes

I made this fabric flower quite awhile ago, it was my first attempt at the rolled flower technique.  If you haven't heard of them just google rolled fabric flower and you will get all kinds of tutorials on how to do them.  When I was looking through this paper pack it reminded me of the flower I made so I went in my stash, pulled it out and it did seem to go with the papers quite well, I decided to do another starburst type card.  This time I layered 4 different papers on top of one another, found the center, lined up one end of a metal ruler on that mark then just went on diagonals cutting all they way around with my rotary blade until I had all the rays.  I kept them all in their piles and just took one piece from each pile, with every other one being the all over flower pattern. Cut a piece of cardstock to 5 1/2 inches square and glued each ray to the cardstock base. So now you can see I will be making 3 more cards with these papers :)


Kaisercraft -- Sweet pea collection papers
Rolled Fabric flower
Spellbinders -- Rose Creations, Bitty Blossoms, Foliage and Lattic Rectangle dies
Doodlebug design-- Sentiment stamp
Recollections -- Pearls, bling on a roll
Baby Breaths -- Floral section at my local craft store

We are enjoying Beautiful weather, it is only 8:30 am and we are already at 58 degrees, it is suppose to reach 80 again today.  We will have a high in the 40's tomorrow with a chance of snow, so yesterday and today are very rare, but I will take them, it was so nice to air out the house yesterday!  The picture I am sharing is from last week but I just had to take this, we have two pet beds by the back door because Anna and Peanut would always try and kick each other out of the one bed we had there.  Well this day Anna came and just laid next to Peanut instead of taking the other bed, I thought that was so cute, these two get along very well, our other cat Jip, not so much, although she does tolerate Peanut a lot more now that they are both getting older.



Wishing you all a Beautiful day,
Thanks so much for stopping by,
Connie

6 comments:

SarahGeorge said...

A very beautiful card Connie. Lovely colors cheers up the mood:) I too tried a rolled fabric flower but yet to use in my project. Have a beautiful sunny day :)

Stephanie said...

Gorgeous! Don't you just love the rolled flowers? I am always making them and keeping them in my fabric flower stash :)

Hugs to you!

Leslie Miller said...

You made the flower? It's beautiful! And you certainly chose some beautiful papers to use with it. Oh, if I saw those papers in a shop I would buy them in a heartbeat. Gorgeous card! We had a beautiful day here. Doesn't it feel good? Cute pic of the "kids" enjoying the sunny window. They look very comfy and companionable.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Lovely card Connie. Those flowers are so pretty. Love the different textures. Sweet photo of your pets.

Becky said...

wow, what a gorgeous card! Love the design paper you used for the rays and love the rolled flower.

Linda Carson said...

WOW! I love this beauty! Your papers are perfect for the ribbon flower and ray pattern! Gorgeous! Nice to see the "kids" getting along in the sunshine!