Friday, March 7, 2014

Healing wishes

My poor sister has been suffering for years with a cough that comes and goes on it's intensity, but always seems to be there, she has gone to a few different doctors trying to get answers and I just feel so bad for her, I know just having a normal cold with cough can be irritating but having it for a long period of time has got to be on her last nerve.  So I made this card for her so every time she looks at it she can be reminded that I am praying for her to get better soon and that I am thinking of her.


No I did not color this flower it is a diecut from K&co.  but I thought it was so pretty and would be good to cheer her up with all the snow Michigan has. I think the card measures 5 x 6 1/2, so this is a big flower.

K&co. -- Flora and Fauna diecuts and vellum package
Spellbinders -- A2 matting basics and Noble Rectangles dies
DCWV -- Bright Matt stacks
Words to the Rescue -- Get well stamp set
Brads

I see that the brads look more blue in this picture but in real life they almost matched the cardstock perfectly.

We are warming up here, suppose to hit 55 today !!! YAH!!!  My hubby saw a hot dog commercial yesterday and he said oh doesn't that look good, so guess what we are grilling out today...LOL!

I hope you enjoy a wonderful weekend and that it involves some time to create!

Thanks for stopping by,
Connie

8 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful card Connie. That die-cut flower is gorgeous. The colors are lovely. It sure to cheer up anyone.

Leslie Miller said...

Gorgeous flower and beautifully framed! I have that sentiment set, too, and love it. I like how you placed the sentiment across the panel. Best wishes to your sister. It would be nice to figure out why she has her cough and just fix it.

Marie-Louise said...

Beautiful card Connie. My son had a dreadful cough for months and it turned out to be a tumour in his chest that was obstructing his airway. Thank God after treatment he is now fine. Hope your sister finds out the reason for her cough soon.

Joann said...

Wonderful card Connie! your flower is just stunning! I love seeing your heartfelt creations. Sending prayers your way for your sister. I hope she gets some answers soon. God bless xx

Stephanie said...

I am so sorry about your sister having a cough that she has struggled with for years - I am sure that can be quite difficult. Your card is beautiful and extremely thoughtful!

Hugs to you!

Susan (rainy) said...

What a beautiful card for your sister. It is so sweet of you to give her some encouragement. Hope she gets those answers soon.

Linda Carson said...

Beautiful card Connie! Love the sentiment! Your sister will cherish it as well as your prayers!

Shirley said...

Connie, I love everything you did with and for this beautiful flower!! What a great way to use the die cuts too! I know your sister loved it! So sorry to hear about her cough. What a real worry and bummer too! Will send well thoughts her way!