Friday, June 13, 2014

Poppies ?

I am not sure what these flowers are suppose to be, I was thinking they were poppies so that is why I colored them the way I did.  When I showed Greg he asked why I colored them that color, I can't remember now what kind of flower he thought they were.  I told him that is the beauty of a blank canvas you can color them anyway you wish :)



Country diary of an Edwardian lady-- stamp set from Cardmaking and papercraft magazine, I colored it with markers
My Mind's eye -- the sweetest thing paper
Spellbinders -- A2 Divine Eloquence die
Craftaroo -- Rhinestones, colored w/markers

I did a bit of shading while the die was still in the paper with Old Paper distress inks.

I have had a touch of the flu today but I am finally starting to feel a little better, not something I want for the weekend.

Hope your start to the weekend is a good one,
Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and commenting,
Connie

10 comments:

Grace said...

Oh Connie... sorry to hear you were not feeling well today! I do hope it passes quickly!!!

I totally agree that these are poppies! Love the way you colored them and the shading on this gorgeous die!!! Truly a beautiful card!!!

Jerri Jimenez said...

I do hope you're feeling better today Connie! The flu is just awful and makes one feel absolutely terrible.

I agree with both you and Grace, the flowers look like poppies to me as well and I think they're beautiful. The sky is the limit, color your flowers to your heart's desire. I've been teal colored poppies on a card and they were absolutely stunning . . . card making is subjective . . . go with where the breeze takes you. Hugs!!!

Shirley said...

Settled!! Your poppies are wonderful, Connie, and the card is gorgeous! I love the die cuts your chose, the colors, and your embellishments too! Lovely!

Marie-Louise said...

Gorgeous card Connie. They sure look like poppies. I love the dies you have used.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful card Connie. I love poppies and these are so pretty... also like the intricate die-cut pieces.

ChristineCreations said...

Love them as orange poppies! Gorgeous!

Leslie Miller said...

They look like poppies to me and, anyway, I love the color! Beautiful framing for your beautiful flowers, Connie!

SarahGeorge said...

I like the beautiful color of them. The card is very beautiful!

Linda Carson said...

Perfect color and beautiful design! You tell Greg that 9 out of 9 ladies agreed!!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

another gorgeous card, Connie!!!
I just love your intricate design!!!
tfs:)