Friday, June 27, 2014

Wrapped in Love

My sisters birthday isn't until tomorrow but she let me know she has already received this card so I can post it early :)  My first shaker card, I used my new CD from Hot off the press called 100 movable parts cards, they are simple to make just a little bit time consuming.  I added ivy inside because I thought that would look neat having the birds surrounded by ivy but they didn't move around as much as I would like so I looked through my stash and found some very small beads to add to it, sounds like a real shaker card that way too.


Crafty Secrets -- Clear art stamps -- Bird Notes-- colored w/markers
Colorbok -- Homespun paper
Spellbinders -- Labels 37, Feathers, A2 Bracket Borders Two, Labels Trio, and Bitty Blossom and Blossom dies
Lea'bilities -- Arch and leaves die
Beadazzles
Vellum (for the feathers)
Technique Tuesday -- Happy Birthday stamp set
McGill -- branch punch
Martha Stewart  --- leaf punch
Baby Breaths
Queen & co. -- Rhinestones

I love the feathers cut out with the vellum, they look realistic that way.  I meant to do another watercolor on the image but I forgot and stamped with Memento ink and a lot of time that smears so I tried coloring it with markers on the watercolor paper and I liked the results.  Do you recognize the pink flowers from my earlier wall hanging I did, I had some left over so I thought it would look nice on here.

Here is the card laying flat so you can see what I added to the shaker part.


I like the way it looks with all the things inside all around the birds, wish I would have thought to glue some of the ivy down and had others that would shake around them.

Last day of VBS, these weeks always tire me out, but the kids have really enjoyed doing the crafts and that is the main thing.

I am done with my Detox from the Daniel plan, today we get to add dairy back in to our diet and see how it affects us, hopefully I do ok with it because I have been really looking forward to having cheese again.  Then in 3 more days we can add gluten and see how that affects our system.  I lost 12 and 1/2 pounds in 10 days, just hoping I don't gain that back by introducing dairy back into my diet.  I will have to say that the bloating problem I had before has gone during the detox, my feet and bottom part of my legs would get so bloated and that went away.  My blood pressure was in the higher 120's over higher 70's and that has gone down to the 113/70 so that has come down a bit too, and that is without giving up salt, you are only suppose to have Sea salt or Kosher but I haven't eaten any process foods and stuff like that which is full of sodium.

Well off to get some things done before tonight,
Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by, I really appreciate it,

Have a Wonderful weekend,
Connie

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

Ooooh, I LOVE this one, Connie! It's incredibly beautiful, my friend. Hugs to you!

Jerri Jimenez said...

Your card is absolutely precious Connie, I know your sister was thrilled! Kudos to you, I've never tried to make a shaker card . . . . LOL . .. . I think it's because I'm lazy!

Marie-Louise said...

Beautiful card Connie.

Leslie Miller said...

What a beautiful card! Every bit of it! Wow! You know, Connie, I would have sworn those birds were one of those pretty Crafty Secrets clip art pieces, but then I read that you watercolored them. Fabulous work on that! I'll have to double check, but I think I have this image. I love it. I also love how the ivy leaves look mixed in with the shaker beads. Been a long time since I made a shaker card. Interesting about the diet results. That had to have taken a lot of will power, which I am lacking. Give up cheese? Even for a limited time? I don't know. Now it will be interesting to see what happens as you reintroduce each food.

Lisa said...

Such sweet little card, love that it's a shaker, too! The water-coloring turned out fantastic and so much dimension, wow!
Hugs,
Lisa
CRe8n4u

Shirley said...

Beautiful and fun at the same time, Connie! I know she loved it and will cherish it! I love shakers and your bouquet and feathers are the perfect add!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Lovely card Connie. The layered flowers are so pretty... and the feathers look awesome!

Cindy Lyles said...

Connie this is absolutely gorgeous!!!!