Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Glitter flowers

My sister in law's birthday was yesterday and this is the card I sent to her.  I hadn't played with my microfine glitter since March can you believe it, HERE is my post on how I used it last time with a link to how it is done. This time I cut around the flowers after the glitter and coloring of them.


The silver borders on the paper they are new ribbon dies I bought.  I cut these out of silver metallic paper, check out the link you get a lot of different styles in this one die it is so cool.

Here is a closeup of the sparkle in the flowers.


Isn't that shimmer so pretty and it doesn't come off, so no stray glitter bits.

Elizabeth Craft Designs -- Flowers in frame peel off stickers and microfine glitter, colored w/markers
Rasberry Road designs -- Love lives here papers
Paper smooches -- Happy Birthday sentiment stamp
Cheery Lynn Designs -- Alison's Ribbons die
Martha Stewart -- leaf punch and butterfly punch
Paper studio -- gems

I didn't write up my post very clearly yesterday, I made it sound like my hubby took those pics but those were all pictures I took of our trip, I was trying to say that the first picture was the only one I took in North Carolina, when we were with the kids I didn't even think of getting out my camera. But the rest of the trip I did get some photo's and I may share more later.  We have decided to let the kids store all their stuff in our garage instead of them renting a storage unit so we have a lot of work getting it ready for them to come on Sunday so I may not get to sharing photo's until after that.

Good news yesterday my daughter got a job she starts in June it was her second interview and she was hoping for this one over the first one so it worked out well.  Still praying my son in law can find one soon also.

Thanks so much for stopping by today and hope your week is going well,

Connie

17 comments:

Diane said...

Fabulous Connie, the flowers are just so pretty and love the color.

Hugs Diane

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

Beautiful card Connie. Thanks for sharing the links to the ribbon dies. The one you used makes it look like you used a sewing machine on your card. Love your flowers too.

Unknown said...

So pretty, love your gorgeous flowers and the way your used that beautiful Designer Paper as your background! FAB!

Debbie said...

omgoodness, this is a beautiful card. the color of the flowers is gorgeous!!!!

Janice said...

Such a pretty card, love the ribbon die and the flowers are gorgeous,

Donna Ellis said...

Hi Connie! your microfine glitters look amazing on those die cut flowers! beautiful card !

Lowcarb team member said...

Connie - such a pretty card, I love the colour.

Well done on your daughters good news about her job.
Sending positive thoughts that your son in law can finds one soon too.

All the best Jan

Daniela said...

I'm far too sure she loves it and she'll treasure it keeping it amongst the dearest keepsakes of hers, you put so much sentiment in everything you create, my adorable Connie, I love you so dearly !

Enjoy your day, today, and the remainder of your week, Dearest Friend, sending much love and many hugs to you

Dany

Kim said...

You did very well to contain that glitter. Me and glitter never seem to get on well....the glitter always seems to go everywhere. Your card is lovely. The flowers are so pretty and the little butterfly is a sweet touch. I love those pretty papers too. How wonderful your daughter was successful in getting the job she preferred. Your son-in-law will find the perfect job, too.

Anonymous said...

Connie, I'm glad to hear your daughter found a job. I hope your son-in-law finds one soon.

I rarely work with glitter but your card is so pretty that I may dare to take it out again!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

There is nothing like glitter in my book!! So pretty!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Hugs,
Deb

Alex said...

Beatfiful...Gitter takes me right back to childhood...that moment when you pour off the excess and ta-dah!- your pic is all sparkly! But this is very grown up glitter use,
and it really adds to the 3-d effect of the flowers.
I think there might be a congratulations card for your daughter made by you soon!!
Well done to her.
By the way, we still have all our kids old stuff in boxes, and now we no longer have an attic...*sigh*, I think it will be here forever!!

Haddock said...

The sparkle in the flower does show up.

Roosterhead Designs said...

Beautiful card Connie! I love to see your work~ Love the idea of glitter that doesn't flake off! LOL
Lovely bright colors and the pink and green compliment so nicely.
(cool 'ribbon' die too) I'm sure she loves this.
And happy to hear your daughter got the job she hoped for!
Have a blessed Memorial day~
Karen

Esther Asbury said...

Love that pink sparkle!!

Nancy Chan said...

What a sweet and pretty card. Love the flowers and the glitter on them. Have a wonderful day!

Leslie Miller said...

I absolutely love those outline stickers, and all glittered up -- so pretty! Such a beautiful card for your sister-in-law. I honestly wouldn't have guessed the ribbon trim is a die cut. Gosh, that's right up my alley. Had to go check out the die set. Very useful! I'll add to my wish list. That's so great that your daughter got a job already! I do really hope your son-in-law finds one soon, too.