Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Black embossed magic technique

In my stamping group we are taking turns hosting a challenge each month and this month is my turn, I decide to go with the Black embossed magic technique I saw Here.

I want to first start off saying that if you decide to give this a try, please use your old markers, and you want to make sure that you have embossed it all very well. In the card she did in the video she had more solid stamps but after giving the challenge I realized I don't have a lot of solid stamps, so I went with an outline stamp first, it worked well and I liked the results, so I made it into a card.


  I colored it first and just happen to find some papers that went well with it.

PowerPoppy -- Countryside Bouquet Deluxe stamp set, embossed with white embossing powder and colored over the embossing with old markers
Spellbinders -- A2 matting basics A die
Lilybeedesign-- Head over heals paper
Martha Stewart border punch

This next one I didn't even make into a card, I didn't like how it turned out with the solid stamps I had and I didn't get it embossed well so little chunks of the embossing were stuck in my marker and the blending was awful, this is going into the trash but thought I would share with you.  Like I said before it may have just been my embossing powder is old or not as fine detailed but I wouldn't use my good markers with this technique if you want to give it a try, I love the look though so just had to try it out :)


Thanks so much for stopping by today, I appreciate you letting me know you did,

Connie

17 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Looks like a fun technique! You found the perfect papers to match your beautiful image! So lovely.

Anonymous said...

Connie, I've never heard of that technique before. Your card/picture has a chalk/chalk paper look to it. Very nice!

Stephanie said...

Absolutely gorgeous, my friend, just gorgeous!

Happy hugs to you!

Daniela said...

I'm so amazed at the gorgeous bouquet in your first card, its shades are so, so charming, dearest Connie !

Wishing you a lovely remainder of your week
sending blessings across the many miles

XOXO Dany

Lowcarb team member said...

Looks good and you gave helpful hints at the start of your post too.

Good wishes for Wednesday.
Eek! It's mid-week already!

All the best Jan

Unknown said...

Oh wow! How gorgeous! Love how this technique looks! Your Designer Papers and split panels are awesome!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

You know, I think it is even more stunning to use the outline stamp. Great card!

Leslie Miller said...

It looks amazing on the outline stamp! I saw this technique done elsewhere recently, too. It intrigues me as I'd heard you can gum up your markers by coloring on embossing. Now I have to wonder... I love how this turned out. It's a real WOW!

Donna Ellis said...

incredible, Connie! I love the appearance of the images on both cards! So striking. Thank you for the link. COLORFUL and BEAUTIFUL just in time for Spring! hugs, de

Debbie said...

this sounds like a fun, interesting technique. they are both beautiful, i liked the second one - it could be the purple flower and the butterflies!!

your tutorials are always so detailed and easy to read - good tip to use the older markers!!!

Diane said...

Greetings Connie, I always enjoy seeing a new technique. The image is so lovely against the dark background.

Janice said...

What a fantastic technique! I love the pretty colours of your first card, the outline is just amazing :-)

Birgit said...

Wow! This technique is new to me but I love the results of your sweet card. The colors really pop against that black background.

Beth Norman said...

Hubba bubba, what a stunning, stunning card. Your results turned out so well. I have to go back to look at it again. Thanks for sharing your cast off. I too get them and simply through them out too.

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Connie. Love the technique. I've never tried it, but I would go with a delicate image like you did on the first one. The solid seems to be much harder to color.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Stunning Love the black background!!
Thanks so much fro stopping by!!
Hugs,
Deb

CherylQuilts said...

Connie, I saw this on SCS and love it! What an amazing technique and one that you've used well with the DP and the beautiful border! Stunning card, sweet friend! Interesting how the little chunks of embossing got stuck in your marker. I never use my Copic markers with embossing, and I don't have many other markers other than SU. But it's good as we learn more and more. Hope you are doing well! Hugs and love! xoxo