Friday, June 23, 2017

Summer birthday/Carrots

I really meant to go for a summer feel to the card and by the time I was done I think it looks like it would be good for Autumn.  This is one of those cards that what was on my mind to do did not turn out at all how I had planned.  It had a mind of it's own, LOL!

I tried using this set once before it has two step stamping and I used different inks with it and they didn't work as well, not sure if I was too happy with my color choices here but it did seem to get better coverage using the chalk inks.


 I will have to say I like the enamel accents they give me the nice rounded dots :)

Stamps of Life -- Thanks 4 one year(flowers), mini 4 circles (sentiment) stamp sets
BasicGrey -- Picadilly paper
Spellbinders -- A2 matting basicsA, Decorative Labels 28 and back to basics tags dies
Martha Stewart -- butterfly punch
Stickles -- Diamond (flower centers)
Enamel Accents -- white
Brad
Ribbon

We went over to Missouri to a few parks the past two days, oh my the first day it was in the mid 90's and we went hiking again on some trails and by the time we got back to the car you would have thought I had just gotten out of the shower, I so hate that feeling, but it was pretty and we had fun.
The next day we had a bit of soft sprinkles on our walk to these springs, but once again it was so humid that we got back soaked again between the sprinkles and the himidity.  I haven't had a chance to look at the pictures yet but I will share if any of them turned out :)

I mentioned a while back that we bought this new system to plants some carrots to have on the deck and I thought I would share how they are coming along.  We planted them right from seeds directly into the pot, it came with a black plastic sheet and big rubber band that goes over it so when you water it the moisture stays inside and you just water from that black tube that is in the lower right corner in the picture, well hubby didn't like that at all so he took it off and we water the tube and when it rains it gets it from the top also, it seems to be working well even though we don't have the black plastic on top.


Please excuse the deck, yes it needs to be painted again, I didn't get to it before it has been so HOT! I like this planter because it is on rollers so you can put it anywhere on the deck you like.

Here is a visitor we had the other day, he is getting a tad to close to the carrots for my comfort, I have a feeling we may come out and this may be empty.


Thanks so much for stopping by today :)  Have a wonderful weekend!!

Connie

14 comments:

Diane said...

Greetings Connie, what a lovely card deign and colors. Your carrots are sure looking good I bet Mr Bunny is just waiting for them to get bigger.

Hugs Diane

Beth Norman said...

Well, I certainly love your colour combination, even if you don't--LOL. Lovely card, as always. Your carrots are coming along well. Neat idea. Hope you have a fun weekend. Hugs.

Esther Asbury said...

Seems quite a few of my cards turn out differently than I had "planned" so I know how you feel! (Smile)
Lots of lovely elements on your bright and cheery card....love that label die cut, so elegant!

Anonymous said...

The bunny is so cute! Stay away from the carrots, bunny! Connie, what a pretty card! I think it looks like a late summer card. ♥

Janice said...

A really pretty, summery card. I love the colours and the paper.
That rabbit is being a bit cheeky I think....hang on to your carrots! :-))

Donna Phelan said...

I like these colors and that design! Pretty flowers and sweet butterfly! My neighbor uses those Earth Boxes with great success! We also have a bunny family of 5 living in our yard....wascilly wabbits!

Anonymous said...

The yellow is what makes it summer, that was your thinking I'm sure,love yellow. Rabbits are terrible here this summer, they are everywhere. Cute little guys but they are digging so many holes in the ground it's getting ridiculous. Guess who. :)

Louca por porcelana said...

A charming card and lovely post!

Leslie Miller said...

My cards frequently have a mind of their own, so I sure do know what you mean. Summer or fall, this is very warm and pretty. The paper and stamps go perfectly together. Sure glad we don't have bunnies in the garden. The deer are trouble enough. One year I found a turtle out there eating my lobelia. A turtle? Really!

Debbie said...

such a beautiful card, pretty, summer colors!! i am excited about your garden, mine is not doing well!!!

Birgit said...

What a sweet card! Your combination of colors is so cheerful and sunny! What a great growing system for your carrots. We've planed them many times in the ground but I'm not good at thinning them out so they're usually very mis-formed and squished together. I may have to try something like that next year on our patio. I hope that cute little bunny doesn't get your carrots.

Linda Walker said...

Connie, I think your card is very summery! Sunny and bright!

I really wanted to do some patio planting this year but I didn't get to it. We have been out straight for 2 full months, nothing has gotten done. Now I am so far behind I don't know where to start! Your carrots are coming along, let's hope the bunny doesn't come back for a snack! ;)

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I think the card is very summery! I love the carrot planter especially since it is on wheels!

Lowcarb team member said...

Yes ... Mr Bunny would love to eat your carrots!
They do look as if they are doing very well.

All the best Jan