Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Sunflower

I decided to use this background I had made a while back when doing a challenge in my stamping group.  I had mixed Modeling paste and glitter and then applied it through a dotted stencil onto pattern paper.  I also found the sunflower stamped in there also, so all I had to do was color it, I decided to add the bee button, I cut off the shank so it would lay flat on the card.  At first I was going to add a lady bug but I just liked the color of the bee better with the other colors on the card.


I colored this one with pencils and did a bit of shading with inks around it.

Modeling paste mixed with glitter through a Tim Holtz Dot Fade stencil on pattern paper
Hero Arts -- Sunflower stamp colored w/ pencils
Spellbinder -- A2 matting basics A, Labels 18 and Circles large dies
Impression Obsession -- Sentiments II stamp set
Bee button
Spool O ribbon

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by, I apprecaite your leaving a comment to let me know you have,

Connie

13 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Love the background! That's one of my biggest downfalls, is not knowing how to create a visually appealing background to my card. I suppose practice makes perfect, and I just need to dig in and create! Your sunny sunflower card is marvelous, Connie! Wishing you a great Wednesday! hugs, de

Esther Asbury said...

What a fun background for your lovely sunflower! Love that little bee!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Connie, such a pretty card. Love the color and the addition of the sweet little bee. Happy Wednesday. Hope you enjoyed a nice 4th of July.
Have a great week ahead and happy summer! xoxo

Janice said...

I love the background you have made, how creative. I bet it looks really good in real life. A beautifully I coloured sunflower framed by one of my favourite label dies. Just gorgeous!

Beth Norman said...

How clever to mix paste with glitter. I MUST give it a try too. Your card is so lovely. As you know, I love sunflowers (hence the name of my blog). Your bee button goes well with your sunflower.

Leslie Miller said...

I do love the way you used the embossing paste and stencil on designer paper! Glittery, too! Your sunflower is beautifully colored with the pencils, and the bee is perfectly coordinated. Good call on that one. Love the lemony yellow, too. All so pretty, Connie!

Donna Phelan said...

Oh that is a pretty background, so clever....I think I actually have some of that paste--I should probably use it lol LOVE your beautiful sunflower, such great colors and topped with that sweet little bee.....perfect in everyway!!!

Louca por porcelana said...

Dainty and elegant card.Love sunflowers!Happy day to you!

Birgit said...

What a great background you created! I'll have to give that a try. Your card is so sweet and the bee button is the perfect finishing touch!

Anonymous said...

Connie, sunflowers are a favorite of mine. Your card is perfect with the little bee on it. Sadly, every time I try to grow sunflowers, the squirrels eat them before they get very big. xo

handmade by amalia said...

So pretty, Connie. This card is sure to make someone's birthday very special.
Amalia
xo

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh I love sunflowers! Such a pretty image Connie and the sweet bee is just so perfect!

Jerri Jimenez said...

Precious, I love your adorable bee!