Sunday, September 3, 2017

Christmas

I know I need to start making some Christmas cards soon or I am going to be scrambling at the last minute.  I decided to start with cards that will be going to two families that we still keep in touch with from England since we were stationed there 17 years ago.

I bought this magazine with all these papers and images last year but never got around to making them into cards.  Since it is a British magazine I thought I would use it for their cards :)


On this first card, the border strip, tag, image and papers all came from the pack, all I had to do was punch out the border and add some brads to the image panel.


On the second card, I shaped the ribbon that was in the pack with my stylus and foam mat, and also scored the banner so that I could give it some dimension and pop it up with foam tape. The image was already matted too, so I just adding some sequins around and was done :)

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by,
Connie


14 comments:

Kim said...

Cute cards, Connie. I love the pretty pastel colours. I don't really want to think about Christmas just yet. =)

Donna Phelan said...

Perfect color choices, gives off a frosty cold vibe! Sweet cards! 2 down, how many more to go??? lol I have a few already myself....I think I am going to mass produce one FLAT style and run with it!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Those papers are adorable and you really made two really sweet cards! Love them!

Louca por porcelana said...

Looove those cards!So cute!!Great job!

Darlene said...

What a great idea and they are both just beautiful! I'm sure they will treasure them! We have friends from the 'old neighborhood' that we still get together with and stay in touch with (15 years now) ... isn't it awesome to stay in touch with old friends! And I still have contact with several of my high school girl friends ... don't even want to tell you how many years that has been! LOL Hugs and Happy Labor Day Weekend!

Beth Norman said...

Oh, Connie, how adorable. The colours are so pretty. I also buy a British Papercrafts magazine. They have such nice things in them. Yes, indeed it's time to work on Christmas cards. Last year I was so stressed making them on the last week of November. This year my 55 cards are already finished. Just getting back from vacation, as you know, I did a lot of my Christmas shopping out east. It feels so good. Looking forward to seeing more of your Christmas cards.

Donna Ellis said...

oh my goodness! These are the cutest ever! I love the details, Connie! Look at that zig zag border with the tag, and the darling "knit" background. How clever a designer. Sometimes I wish someone would hand me a kit without any suggestions and say, "Use 90% of the stuff in here and make 3 cards." No searching in my craft room, no looking for techniques, no thinking about anything except what is directly in front of me. LOL I love this darling cards! Thanks for sharing, and congrats on getting started with your Christmas cards! xx

Janice said...

Two fun and cute cards, both lovely colours too.

Debbie said...

could be my favorites of all time, i LOVE these cards. i LOVE snow, i LOVE purple...both of these cards are adorable!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Super cute cards Connie. Love the sweet penguins. Darling papers! I should start or my Christmas cards, but I am so lazy and low on mojo!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, you'll be so glad you started! Cute stuff on these! Love the colors and those cheerful penguins!

Anonymous said...

What delightful penguin cards, Connie! Love them!

Lowcarb team member said...

These are both just right for Christmas.
Good for you for starting preparations early.

All the best Jan

Pam Sparks said...

super cute cards Connie! Adorable scenes!