Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Watercolored Violets

When I saw this stamp and die set at my Local scrapbooking store I thought oh my I have to get that, it was so pretty in the packaging, but for someone that doesn't color well that can be scary because you know it isn't going to turn out looking as nice as their's, and even though it didn't turn out looking as nice I was happy with what I achieved.  I used my Spectrum Aqua markers by adding the color to my acrylic block and adding a bit of water, in some places I added the color directly to the image and blended with water.


I didn't use the die that comes with it on this card, I just stamped it directly to the cardstock.


Cottage Cutz -- Violets flower February stamp and die set, colored w/Spectrum Aqua Markers
Spellbinders - Labels 8 and A2 Devine Eloquence dies
Papers from Cardmaking & papercraft magazine
Queen & co. - Light pink gems

I am getting excited we are going to break this heat wave and get back down to our normal temps by the end of the week, then it will feel more like Fall.

Hope your week is off to a good start, thanks so much for taking the time out to stop by today,

Connie

16 comments:

Lori said...

Your flowers are beautiful! Love the papers, too. This is a gorgeous card!

Lady Jane said...

It turned out lovely... Mine never look that great. New to your blog. Became a follower so I can watch Your amazing cards. Hugs, LJ

Leslie Miller said...

OMG, Connie, you colored it so prettily! I would not be able to resist this set, either. My impulse shopping has really been curbed since our local paper crafts store closed. I didn't know Cottage Cutz made stamps. Again, really super watercoloring!

Louca por porcelana said...

Oh my!Just beautiful!LOOOVE it!

cotnob said...

Such a pretty card Connie, beautifully coloured flowers and fabulous design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Darlene said...

Oh Connie this is so pretty and your coloring is FABULOUS! Of course, being my favorite color, this card really speaks to me! Beautifully done!!

Beth Norman said...

Don't be so hard on yourself. I think you did a fantastic job watercolouring this image. The purple really pops with that rich green and hint of yellow. Love this card!

Esther Asbury said...

That is a lovely stamp and you colored it quite nicely! I love the hint of blue around the flowers -- so pretty!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Connie, this is beautiful, and your coloring is fabulous! I can see why you couldn't resist this stamp and die...I love violets, and your colors are stunning! Beautifully done, and I really love the Devine Eloquence die. Hugs! xoxo

April said...

This is very pretty and I love your coloring!

Birgit said...

Connie this is so sweet and your coloring is perfect!!! Don't ever underestimate your abilities. <3

Donna Ellis said...

Glad to hear someone is enjoying a break in summer's heat, Connie. Today we are expected to be in our normal range for September - 93 to 95 degrees. Sigh - but September is always our warmest, most humid month.

Your delightful violets are brilliantly colored! I imagine your lovely card is even more spectacular in person, with the beautiful papers and die cuts, not to mention that fantastic image! hugs, de

Anonymous said...

I love anything watercolored, Connie. I love your violets!

Donna Phelan said...

Pretty posies! Love the vibrant violet on your Violets! Your Designer Paper and layered die cut as so much depth and dimension to this pretty card too!

Debbie said...

purple + butterflies = loved by me!!!

Lowcarb team member said...

This is one of my favourites.
Love the flowers and love the colour.

All the best Jan