Saturday, February 12, 2011

Butterfly swirls

I just loved the swirls on these wings, the butterfly is from the Give a Hoot Cricut Cartridge.  I added a little bit of shading with ink to it and for the body some gems from Me and My big ideas. K&co. paper which I added faux stitching and stamped flowers to the centers of the designs in the paper. The sentiment was from the same Hero arts stamp set.
I used liquid pearls to do the butterfly path but they didn't come out all that even, I need more practice with that stuff, I even did the taping thing from behind to get them to lay flatter. The border punch edge is from Martha Stewart.


Thanks for stopping by and your comments,
hope your enjoying a warm, sunny Saturday!
Connie

5 comments:

Debby said...

what a lovely card.That butterfly punch is so sweet.

Anonymous said...

now this is spring coming...!!!! love that border. amazing

Beate said...

Wow! That's gorgeous!
Hugs and smiles

scrappinpeg said...

Hey Connie...
Thanks for stopping by my blog too.
Love your butterfly card.... beautiful
I'm in HAWAII.... My DIL broke her ankle and is on crutches for at least 4 weeks before she can use walking boot to hold her weight. I moved up my flight ticket and came on out to help. So miss making cards and still have about another month or longer to stay. But it is nice to see Ayden and Connor. :)
and of course Jenn and Chris too! haha.
So I'm being NANNY too!
hugs
Peggy

helloholley said...

Wow!!! This card is amazing!!! Just gorgeous!!! Thanks for visiting me too!!!
Happy Craftin'