Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Heartfelt Wishes

Oh Boy is it cold..... makes you wish you didn't have to get out of the house, but yet I do need to get out and do some errands.  I am keeping my eye on Sunday which is suppose to get up to 50!!!!  I live for those mild days in the middle of winter :)

For my card today I used some Tattered Rose Glimmer mist on a spellbinder die, I cut between every other scallop and cut two of two different sizes, for a total of four layers. Sprayed on the mist and then crunched it up and then held it up to my space heater to dry (I couldn't wait).  The paper was cream before I added the glimmer mist.  I needed a big center and thought this button I found at a flea market would work perfectly.  I used the same spellbinder die for the sentiment tag, the sentiment stamp is from hero arts. Applied liquid pearls under the sentiment.

The bottom background was made by putting ink on the cuttlebug embossing folder so that the ink would be on the background piece, I love the effect that gives.  The leaves are a sizzix die.

Thanks for stopping by and hope your staying nice and warm,
Connie

5 comments:

Beate said...

It's super cold. I am having my space heater right next to me. Your card looks wonderful! Let's hope it really gets warm this weekend. I am ready for some warmer weather.
Hugs and smiles

Susan (rainy) said...

This is lovely, Connie. The embossed inked panel is a great technique. It adds such interest to a project.

ChristineCreations said...

I bet the glimmer is so pretty in person! Such a pretty card!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Connie, another absolutely GORGEOUS card!! I love that big flowers and sweet paper! Hugs, Sabrina

Cora said...

The flower is beautiful and the bottom piece is most excellent. I would like to try that but I will forget. lol