Thursday, March 12, 2015

Northwoods

I have a masculine card for you today, I have two people that joined our family that both have birthdays the same day as mine.  This one is going out to my Sister in laws Fiance.



Northwoods Rubber Stamps-- colored w/markers
DCWV -- Burlap paper
Fiskars -- Upper crest border punch
Stamps of life -- Stand up 4 sentiments stamp, embossed in Gold
Close to my heart -- brads

I had my Cataract surgery yesterday.  Went this morning for my follow up appointment.  My eye is still dilated so I am not seeing as well just yet but nice to not have the cloudy eye anymore.  It is hard for me to adjust my eyes, he said it could take up to 4 weeks, that is when I will get a new prescription for new glasses, since I can't see quite right with my glasses but without them not quite right either. I was thinking I would be able to see better then I can after surgery but I have to have some patience, and let it adjust itself, my next few cards I may not be able to do detail work just yet, I had a couple done before the surgery, just in case I had some problems after the surgery.  I will know more when I see him again in another week.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by,

Connie

12 comments:

Debbie said...

an awesome card for a favorite guy!!! good luck with your recovery!!!

Wilma said...

Hi Connie, thank you so much for your kind comment on my sepia album.
I really hope your eyes will recover well.
You make great cards !!

May God bless you !

Wilma.

Judy Goddard said...

Hi Connie.
I'm sure your eye will be better very soon. I had both eyes done, a week apart, 2 years ago. It's totally changed my life.
I'll be praying for nothing but goodness in this outcome for you.

Thanx for visiting me at Christ in Me.

Marie-Louise said...

Such a fabulous masculine card Connie. Give your eye some time to heal after the surgery. You will see much better once you stop using the drops. Eye surgery is so successful these days.

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Connie, that is really a pretty card. You have quite a talent and hope your recovery goes quickly..Happy Thursday..Judy

Leslie Miller said...

This is a beautiful masculine card! I love the burlap paper, too. Still haven't touched mine. I'm so bad! Good luck with your recover, Connie. It's hard to have patience sometimes.

Joyful said...

I think that is a very nice masculine card. I find it hard to find a good card for men when I need one so I pick up a few when I see them. You do well to make them!
I hope your eyes settle down soon. I had eye surgery almost one year ago now. It took a more than a month before I was back to normal (I can't quite remember how long it was. I think it was about 4 months. Nothing really awful. Just some floaters which are distracting).

Stamping With Bibiana said...

beautiful card, wishing you a speed recovery...I can not imagine not being able to see. I really hope that all will go smoothly. big hugs
bibiana

Susan (rainy) said...

What a fabulous guy card. Lovin' that burlap paper!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Connie, what a great masculine card with the burlap!! I love it, and I always love Northwoods images for cards. Praise God for a successful cataract surgery, and praying that you will soon be seeing so much better. A friend had both eyes done eventually, and she has regained her sight to her amazed surprise...only God! Praying for patience as you heal! Hugs!

Krystal Kats said...

Connie, I remember you said you would have this surgery. My prayers for complete healing for you.
It seems you are to young for this! Poor sweetie. Get better, so you can see to make more beautiful cards and see God's beauty!

I was looking at all your cards and I am marveled by them, so beautiful. I have not made a card in awhile, so busy quilting and making jewelry. I have done some altered art using my stamps and such. I need to finish that.

Hugs Kat

Shirley said...

I know he loved this, Connie. He may even frame it! Your scene is lovely and the use of the burlap is a wonderful masculine touch too!