Monday, March 13, 2017

Baby Boy


I want to share a baby boy card that with these Memory Box - Alphabet tile letters you can personalize your card to include the babies name.  I thought it would be neat to make a quilted card with the tiles, so I used the Memory Box - Country stitches, to give it that quilted look.


Here are a couple pictures showing how I lined up for the stitching.




Next I die cut the tile letters, glued the bases down in the middle of the squares I made, inserted the letters back inside so I could add the inside pieces of the letters. Here I had already finished the "B" and and now doing the "A"  at the top of the picture you can see the little piece of the "A" that I will add, then take back out the A.  What is great about these letters is you can use both the negative and the positive of them.


Next I have a tip for you, if you don't happen to have a die that you need look at how you may take bits from other dies you have by cutting away the pond I was able to use these ducks from Die-namics Duck pond die. HERE you can find an assortment of all kinds of ducks in the store.


I also used the Impression Obsession- rabbit set and the Impression Obsession buttons dies to fill in the other quilt squares.

I ended up cutting down my card because I didn't like the left side having extra room, so my card measures 4 1/4 x 5 1/8.

Here are the dies used in the card.



This is my last post for Dies R Us inspiration design team, it has been so much fun being on this team, I would like to thank all the ladies for their encouragement and support as this being my first time on a design team.  I would also like to make a special thank you to Darlene who is the best and sweetest Coordinator to head up the team, and to Dies R us for giving me this opportunity.  If you would like to also be a design team member you still have a few days to try out HERE is a link that will give you all the info you need.

Follow Dies R Us!


 
Click below for:
Remember, there is a new inspiration sample shared each and every day of the month
on our Dies R Us Inspiration Blog using a variety of dies from several different companies.
Then of course you'll want to come join us at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog.
There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st & 15th of each month with
a gift voucher prize to one lucky winner each challenge!

OH!  And did you know we have a FB Page and PINTEREST Page?

Thanks for stopping by today!

19 comments:

Daniela said...

What a sweetness which to begin my week with, darling Connie, I heartily thank you !

Wishing you a beautiful day, today, and days to come,
with utmost gratitude

XOXO Dany

Kim said...

And what a wonderful designer you have been for this team, Connie. This sweet little boy card is so adorable with all the wonderful accents. Love it!

Birgit said...

Connie, there are so many things I love about this sweet card! Using the stitching die to create a quilted look was pure genius and I love how you filled each square with something so darling. Cutting the tiny ducks from the large die, again is so clever! You're a wildly talented card maker and I'm so glad to have had this opportunity to work with you.

Beth Norman said...

Wow, alot of work went into the making of this. I like how you picked out the baby ducks from a die. I have a bird die I could do that too. Thanks for the inspiration. Your card is so cute.

Esther Asbury said...

What a neat idea - to create a quilt! Love how you combined dies to make your baby boy card!

Darlene said...

Is think this is your finest creation yet! You just keep getting better and better my friend! Totally ADORABLE!! Thanks for your kind words and I have truly enjoyed having you as a part of the team. Please don't be a stranger ... you know where to find me! HUGS and all the best to you! GREAT JOB!!!

Unknown said...

Fantastic Baby Boy Quilt! Love the design and your choice of dies. This is sure to become a treasured heirloom! Love it!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Connie, what a darling card with the letters. Such a nice way to make it really special and personalized. You are just so creative and like Darlene said, your designs get better all the time. Hallmark has nothing on you my friend. Have a blessed week and happy creating. xoxo

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, WOW! Oh, my gosh, the stitches, the letters, the buttons, the cute critters! What a darling baby card! You make me want all those dies. Love how you can use the letters as blocks or use what pops out. That's a lot of bang for your buck! You've done an awesome job for DRU and now it's time to relax a little. Just look at all those great dies you collected. You're hooked now!

Donna Ellis said...

Whoa! Fantastic use of that border die, Connie! It's so impeccably straight, I thought it was all one die until you showed the steps! WOWSER! Perfect addition for a baby album, and darling colors! Such sweetness (and great design, Connie!) hugs, de

Christine said...

This is a winner, Connie! I love the stitching and lettering so much!
Have a lovely week!

Lowcarb team member said...

What a very nice baby congratulations card.
I love the quilt effect and design.

Good wishes for the coming week

All the best Jan

Anonymous said...

Connie, I love it! Nice quilt look.

Janice said...

A beautiful card Connie, and such a clever design! I love how you've created the quilt effect and used the negative of the alphabet. What a keepsake for the family.
Thank you for all the inspiration you have shared with us over the past year. You are such a talented crafter and I have enjoyed working with you on the team.

Debbie said...

this is such a pretty card connie and a beautiful design!! quilts and babies go together so this is such a great idea for a card!!!

and what a wonderful tutorial!!

Ashley said...

oh, this is just so cute!
the design is so sweet...every time i stop by i feel inspired to work on my lacking abilities as a crafts person.

much love to you!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

OH Connie, I do so love this card... ever so clever!!!!!
Ive just sent myself a link of it to remind me to pin it when on iPad as hate logging in if logged in on other device .. lazy eh?
Really like those those alphabet dies, been looking for some like those might hunt around see if can get good price here. Such a clever clever use of border die too.
Thanks so much for sharing your inspiration!
Shaz in Oz.x

{Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}

Monika/Buzsy said...

Super cute baby card Connie! Love the stitched/quilted background! Neat idea! I think I have a similar border die. The little bunnies and ducks are so perfect!

Linda Carson said...

Oh my goodness! Is this not the cutest, personalized baby card ever!! Love the quilted look and all the fun elements you chose! It's really cuteness overload!