Saturday, March 4, 2017

Stamping with watercolor paints

I thought I had already posted this but I missed it. Last month my stamping groups challenge was to use watercolor to paint onto your stamp and then stamp it onto paper, instead of stamping onto watercolor paper I chose to stamp onto designer paper so the flowers would have a pattern to them.  I didn't have any watercolor paints so I just bought an inexpensive set at Hobby Lobby, it seemed to work ok, but it was really puddled up in places so I took a paintbrush to try and smooth it out a bit, not sure if I liked the end result or not, but it was fun to play with.  I added a bit of pen work around the stamp to frame it a bit.


BasicGrey -- Picadilly paper
Hero Arts - Silhouette flower stamp, watercoloring directly onto stamp
EK Success -- Flower punch
Martha Stewart -- leaf and tag punches
Ribbon - from Rak
Stamps of life -- Mini's 4 circles sentiment stamp
Nuvo crystal drops -- Golden sunset

Don't forget that you still have time to try out for the new Dies R Us design team, you can find out all the info HERE

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and letting me know you did,

Connie

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Connie, love the watercolor work. I bought some watercolor paper and have yet to use it. I'm thinking Easter is the perfect time. Have a lovely evening!

Darlene said...

Oh ... awesome watercoloring Connie! That is something I really need to do more often ... thanks for inspiration!

Unknown said...

Beautiful colors, love that stamp! I think it looks very artsy!

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

Since I'm not good at watercoloring at all, the thing I like about it is that it is very forgiving..........always comes out beautifully and the more white washed it is, I think the nicer it looks. Your card is lovely. You picked a perfect stamp to use with the watercolors.

Donna Ellis said...

It's so cute, Connie! thanks for sharing your experiment. I love the idea of using the pattern paper! hugs, de

Beth Norman said...

Lovely watercolour stamping. The ribbon and inking around your image really makes your card pop.

Esther Asbury said...

Even if things don't turn out "perfect" (whatever that is!!) it's still fun to try new techniques. Love the watercolor stamping you did - those blues and greens looks great together!

Kim said...

Oh, I love the watery watercolour design on this card, Connie. It's is so pretty and soft. I love how you are always trying new techniques AND I love how they always become masterpieces.

Leslie Miller said...

I think it turned out unbelievably cute, Connie! I love the look of the image. Nice idea to use designer paper for that little bit of pattern. The pretty ribbon is a perfect match and adds so much to your card design. At first glance I didn't even realize your image was only one layer. It looks great!

Debbie said...

now that's clever connie, watercolor's always so pretty!!!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fantastic card Connie. The water coloring looks good enough. I love using water coloring these days. The ribbon is very pretty.

Lowcarb team member said...

There is always something nice about watercolours ... love the colours here, and that ribbon is perfect too!

All the best Jan

Linda Walker said...

Is that the first time you have ever water colored? I think it came out amazingly well!
Wow! I would think it would be hard to get the results you want by painting onto a stamp but it appears you had no difficulty at all. Very nice!