Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Strength and Hope

I was in need of a sympathy card for a dear fellow cardmaker who had recently lost her husband.  I just froze and couldn't come up with an idea so I turned to some of the card idea's I had saved for times like these and ended up going with Esther's lovely card HERE.

I stamped a few different background stamps and then diecut a flower instead of stamping a flower.  I thought I cut the die from dark brown paper but it shows up looking black here.



Inkadinkado -- Script 8347 Stamp
Provocraft -- background stamp (no name)
Memory Box -- Verona Bougquet die
Stampendous -- Sincere Sentiments stamp
Nuvo Crystals drops -- Pale Gold
Distress ink -- Antique Lines (shading around the edges)

My birthday was yesterday and my hubby has been so busy that he didn't get time to make me a card so he told me to order some dies that I want instead :)  He just couldn't see buying me a card when we have all this stuff to make one.

We had a very hard frost last night and they are saying it may have ruined our peach crop.
Hope if you are in the east and have been hit with that snow storm that it all melts soon for you and we can get onto spring!

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

17 comments:

Darlene said...

This is perfectly beautiful Connie! Hope you had a nice birthday! Yes my hubby is like that too since I have ALL the fixings to create my own, lol ... even worse, I'm a certified floral designer too so now if he buys me flowers he doesn't by it arranged ... figures I can do that myself too! LOL
Have a great day!

Debbie said...

i love your wording so much more than sympathy, this is so much more comforting!! happy birthday, you have an awesome husband!!!

Unknown said...

This is such a lovely card. Oh and lucky you, I would tell my Hubby to forget it every year! lol

Daniela said...

What a lovely thought and what a gorgeous card you've realized, dearest Connie !

Wishing you a most lovely remainder of your week,
with sincere thankfulness

XOXO Dany

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

A very pretty card with a lovely sentiment. Sending prayers for your friend!

And happy Belated Birthday!!!! I hope the peach crop is not ruined, this warm then freezing weather is a problem!

Esther Asbury said...

I'm flattered that you used my card for inspiration -- and what a great case this is!
Sympathy cards can be difficult to create - but you nailed it!
Love the die cut layered over the stamping!

Kim said...

A sympathy card for a someone so close to you would be a difficult thing to make. It is a lovely card. Love the sentiment, Connie. Happy Birthday to you, lovely lady. I hope you had the most wonderful day.

Anonymous said...

Connie, your card's touches look so soothing. I love how each stamp or embellishment work together for this affect. Happy belated birthday! Your husband is so sweet. That's MY kind of birthday present! Hope your peaches survive. It has been cold here too. 11 degrees with the windchill this morning. Brrrr

Lowcarb team member said...

I think you've done well with the sympathy card.

Lots of Happy Birthday Wishes to you.
I do hope the peach crop survives the cold weather.

All the best Jan

Leslie Miller said...

It's oftentimes so hard to make a sympathy card when you need one. I try to have some made ahead, but that's not always easy, either. That's such a lovely die, though, and the silhouette with the sentiment (one of my favorite sets) makes a beautiful card. Happy birthday week, Connie!

Beth Norman said...

I'm so sorry that you had to make a sympathy card. You did a remarkable job under the circumstances. I had to recently make one and ended up duplicating and making four in total so I now have some on hand. Your flower die is lovely.

Janice said...

It's a beautiful card Connie. Thank you so much for making and sending it to me, I really do appreciate your kind thoughts.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty sympathy card Connie. Wish you didn't have to use it though. Great background with the different patterns... perfect for the simple die-cut flower. Very elegant.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Happy Belated Birthday Connie! It looks like we have the same birthday! How fun is that? Hope you had a wonderful day! I celebrated with a snowstorm that started us for the whole day... but at least I got to sleep in and we didn't lose power! LOL!

Donna Ellis said...

It's a lovely silhouette against your pretty background, Connie. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's loss, but know that your thoughtfulness will touch her heart with a bit of love. Such a hard thing to go through. hugs, de

Linda Carson said...

I'm w/you about sympathy cards for a friend. You're smart to have a backup plan. This card is beautiful. Love that diecut. Happy Birthday Connie! Sounds like you got the perfect gifts!!

Unknown said...

It's a beautiful card, Connie! I'm sorry for your friend's loss, heartbreaking when you loose your buddy.