Monday, March 27, 2017

For you

To those of you that are new to stopping by my blog, I gave myself a challenge to get a card made this year for all those people that stop by my blog regular and give me such encouragement.

The card today is one I sent to Monika over at M.A.D. Stamper.  I have been following Monika for years and she has been an encouragement to me on my blog also.  She has such a great style to her cardmaking and my favorite thing she does is the ways she uses Vellum, especially with flowers.  I hope you have a chance to check out her blog and her lovely creations.


This was sent in a padded envelope with all this dimension.  I cut the wreath out twice and layered them to give it a little more thickness to it.  The flowers with the dimension are the rolled flowers, I don't use them often because they are so big but when hand delivering a card or home projects they are just wonderful to use.

Sharing a couple close up pictures the first is this cute bird, this is my first time using it and he is too cute, you cut it in 4 sections and put him together, I cut it all out of white card stock and then colored them and put him together, added a dot for his eye :)  love the dimension it gives to him.


And the flowers, I did a little inking on those and the leaves, the punched flowers were shaded with my stylus and foam mat


Memory Box -- Grapevine wreath die, 2 put together
Spellbinders -- Bitty Blossoms and fern dies
Memory Box-- Contempo birds
punched little flowers
My mind's eye-- The sweetest thing paper
Recollections -- Lace on a roll
Hampton Art -- sentiment
Stickles-- broken china

We are having more rain, but they say we still need it so I can't complain, getting a little break tomorrow so I will be looking forward to going out for our walk.  Hope all is well where you are :)

Thanks so much to all of you that take the time to stop by and to let me know you did, I do so appreciate it.

Connie

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Connie, I love everything about your card. The wreath, the flowers, leaves, lace, and little bird. Very very nice!

Lowcarb team member said...

Another lovely card Connie.
I do like the blend of colours you've used.

Enjoy these last March days

All the best Jan

Linda Walker said...

Connie, this is so special! Monika will appreciate this I am sure. Still have the card you made me in my kitchen and I enjoy it daily! Hugs
Linda

Linda Walker said...

Connie, this is so special! Monika will appreciate this I am sure. Still have the card you made me in my kitchen and I enjoy it daily! Hugs
Linda

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, so pretty with the flowers on the grapevine wreath! I love those Contempo Birds, too. What a nice idea to add it to the sentiment flag.

Birgit said...

This is stunning Connie! I've been a big fan of Monika for a long time too. I can pick out her cards in a linky any day. She's got great style and so do you!!

Unknown said...

Love that twig wreath and your gorgeous flowers! That bluebird of happiness is just that....that's what I am calling him. This is a lovely card....like all over lovely!

April said...

Connie, this is so beautiful and cheery! Love it!

Beth Norman said...

Wowza, you blew this one out of the water. Love all the elements, and yes indeed your birdie is so cute. What a special lady you are to send out cards like that. I'm off to your link. Hugs.

Esther Asbury said...

Oooh - what a pretty card!! Love the blue and yellow combo -- always reminds me of summertime! Love your wreath and pretty flowers and that little birdie in the corner!

Darlene said...

Awww what a sweet gesture and gorgeous creation! I'm sure Monika was THRILLED!!! Well done my friend!

Janice said...

A stunning card Connie, the flowers are beautiful against the wreath. I'm sure your friend was delighted when she opened it!

Kelly @ Homespuns 'n Hayfields said...

What a gorgeous card Connie! I love all the dimensions to it. I'm sure Monika will love it.

AppleApricot Wen said...

Your card is gorgeous, Connie! And it beams with spring joy :) xx

Debbie said...

i will stop by and visit monika!! but just because i don't say it often enough, you, inspire me. your cards are so beautiful and i hope some day you realize how incredibly talented you are - you are so humble!!

this card is beautiful, i really like the colors and the wreath design. the bird is adorable!!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, Connie... it was such a treat to receive one of your beautiful cards! Thank you so much! You are so kind and encouraging! I appreciate your comments so much! I look forward to coming to your blog and checking out your posts with your lovely and creative cards.