Saturday, May 6, 2017

Nature thank you

I went back to the good old Distress inks on this card for the background. I stamped the image first in Memento dye inks but I just wasn't getting good coverage, so I searched the internet for best inks to use on clear stamps and ended up going with pigment black ink and that finally gave me good coverage, just in case you find yourself with the same problem :)


Inkadinkado -- Utopiary stamp set
Background -- Distress inks, Tea Dye, Peeled Paint and Tumbled Glass
Hampton Art -- Thank you sentiment
Pebbles -- Glitter Candy dots

We were able to get my 4x4 raised garden put together and green peppers planted, my hubby even made a cage to go over it so that the bunnies, raccoons and such can't get to it but that I can take off and get to the peppers when I need to. Today we hope to get the lawn mowed, we think it is finally dried out and hopefully get some more planting done. The next rain is suppose to hit on Wednesday so we have a few days to get things done, YAH!!!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend, and thanks so much to take the time out of your busy schedule to stop by and let me know you did :)

Connie

13 comments:

Connie said...

Love the card! It is great that you were able to get some planting done. My peppers and tomatoes are still in the potting shed. We are thinking that planting will be next weekend :)
Have a joy filled week.
Connie :)

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, what a beautiful stamp! It's hard to get good coverage with a large solid image stamp and many times I'll resort to pigment ink and embossing. This is simply breath taking, Connie! Glad we don't have bunnies in the garden here, but the deer... grrrr!

Kim said...

Love this 'inky' card, Connie; it is so effective. Yay for planting some veggies and for Spring in your li'l corner of the world!

Donna Ellis said...

For these bolder images, I DO have trouble with most dye inks, Connie - but find that Versafine is the perfect way to go. Your nature card is beautiful! Wishing you a wonderful day tomorrow! hugs, de

Lowcarb team member said...

Really like the card.

I am just so pleased to read you managed to get the raised bed done and peppers planted. Hope the lawn mowing went ok too.

Enjoy your weekend - I hope it stays dry for you.

All the best Jan

Unknown said...

Pretty card, I love that tree image! Inks look great! When I use those types of dies and clear stamps I always ink them up with Versa Mark first, that seems to grab the ink much better for a cleaner image, also the Misti helps so much if you need to re-stamp!

Debbie said...

ooooh connie, i really love what you did with the tree, it is so clever!!

i can't wait to see the garden, it is still too early for us to plant anything out side but i have quite a few plants started inside!! i can't wait!!!

Darlene said...

Fabulous job on that inked background and your tree is perfect! There is always 'learning' to be done in this craft isn't there! LOL I know I've learned something from everyone I've come into contact with in blogland. What fun! Wonderful inspiration Connie ... thanks!

Beth Norman said...

Your background turned out nice. I really like your tree stamp. Glad you can get out and do some yard work. We had so much rain that there is no grass cutting going on in my city today.

Louca por porcelana said...

Beautiful card!Have a lovely week!

Janice said...

A lovely tree stamp Connie, which you have made into a beautiful card.

Anonymous said...

Connie, gardening - yay! I hope those bunnies etc find a feast in a different garden and leave yours alone. LOVE that card. The stamp speaks to me. :-)

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful and so elegant. Love the soft background. Oh, I wish my garden was ready... we haven't even started it...