Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Tag thanks

I used some of the steel gray paper I got through the My Favorite things package I won for the base of my card, the cardstock is a great weight for a card base.  Punched a border for the tag added some washi tape. To keep the sticker sentiment straight since all the letters are separate, I added a sticky note to the bottom half of the letters and lifted them off the sheet together and applied them to the tag then lifted off the sticky note and the letters stayed put.  The tag covers most of it up but I stamped the banner I made in the background with a stamp with gears. To finish it all off added some buttons I found at a flea market and added jute to them as well as twill and jute to the tag.


My favorite things -- Steel gray card base
Paper company -- Tag
Fiskar-- botder punch on tag
Paper stuido -- Washi tagpe
Hot off the press -- Tiny words and phrases sentiment sticker
Distress ink -- Hickory smoke around tag
Inkadinkado -- Neo Victorian inchie bundle stamp set for banner
Buttons
Jute
Twill

There is a giveaway over at The Cropstop Blog such pretty things she is giving away, you have to go check it out.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today.  Hope you are enjoying a nice week!

Connie

12 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This is such an awesome layout and I love the washi tape! I wasn't sure if that was stamping or patterned paper, but that is cool that it is tape!

Donna Ellis said...

What a great guy card, Connie! Very unusual to see a masculine card with tags like this, and it is one FANTASTIC idea! Great colors and images, too! hugs, de

Beth Norman said...

Aren't you clever to keep the sticker sentiment straight. Great masculine card. They are always so hard to do. I love the stamps you used.

Unknown said...

Oh I love tags and I LOVE tags on cards! This is fantastic! I also love all of your wonderful little button and twine accents and the Washi Tape!

Ashley said...

this is so beautiful!
the detail in this card is quite exquisite.

be blessed,
ashley
<3

Janice said...

Fabulous masculine card, I love the tag and the other embellishments you have chosen.

Esther Asbury said...

What a fabulous masculine card! I love the clock faces on the text and the torn edge on that tag!

Leslie Miller said...

Great idea to use the sticky note for alignment! Cute design with interesting touches, such as the punched border on the tag. Love the gear stamp for a guy card. There you go again being good about using your winnings without delay.

Lowcarb team member said...

This looks great Connie, I like the colourways ...

Enjoy the rest of your week.

All the best Jan

Anonymous said...

Connie, love the gears! Very cute!

Birgit said...

What a great masculine card Connie! Love the news print and those gears and clock faces. What great inspiration!!

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Great tag card Connie, love the colours and CAS feel too, well done.
Thanks for sharing your inspiration!
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}