Friday, August 18, 2017

Transparency Flower

I have been seeing all kinds of window cards around lately and so I decided it was time to do one myself, I decided to go with a flower with it and then at the last minute I thought I should do a vellum or acetate flower, well since I couldn't find that I went with the transparency, coloring on the transparency is a little rough going, I had to throw away the first but decided to go with my second try, figuring I probably wouldn't get much better :)  I used Stazon ink to stamp both the flower and the leaves and then cut them with my scissor.


Stampendous - Zinnia and Bouquet for you (leaves) stamped on Transparency colored w/markers
Spellbinders-- Labels one and A2 matting basics A dies
Paper Smooches -- Happy Birthday sentiment stamp set
Nuvo Crystal drops -- Pale Gold
Stickles flower center

I added a bit of stickles to the back side of the flower center, I think you can better see it on the card below, once dry I added Glue dots brand pop up clear dots to the back center to attach it to the card, on the leaves I ran them through my Xyron sticker maker and that hides the adhesive on those.

To cut the center window, I first cut my white panel with the die, I then centered it on my card front and then cut that layer with the next smaller size die in the set.



Are you like me and there is a whole list of cards or whatever your craft or hobby may be you want to make or do, and being in two different groups I find myself with not enough time to try all the challenges either, oh my and we are half way through this month.

To answer a few questions from my last post, yes we did finally find the glasses we need to view the eclipse, can't believe how many places were sold out. My hubby did not buy the special lens to take pictures of the sun directly but he does hope to get some landscape type pictures, it depends if we make it to the location he was hoping for, we are hearing that the traffic is going to be just terrible that day with so many people coming to this area to view it.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today, I sure do appreciate when you let me know you have stopped by,

Connie

13 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Happy to hear you were able to find the glasses, Connie. I think that we will only minimally see the eclipse in our corner of the world, but still, it is thrilling hearing the united excitement everyone is sharing! I'm looking forward to seeing what types of photographs your hubby shoots! He's always so creative and intuitive with his art skill!

Your card has me mesmerized, Connie. At first, I totally missed the acetate/transparency, but clicked on the enlarger for google, and WOW! There was a lot of forethought and planning put into this outstanding design. I have to ask a stupid question. Did you stamp with stazon, and then color on the reverse side of the transparency? It's quite incredible - and - that flower center looks REAL, and like it is floating atop the frame - it's magical the way the design looks.

To answer YOUR question (LOL), yes, I do feel overwhelmed at times at WANTING TO TRY lots of techniques that my friends seem to do quite easily. Last year I began using some of my old stash supplies and techniques, and became much happier in the process. KNOW THIS - I enjoy all your experiments. I am in awe that your organization and knowledge keep you challenged constantly, and that you seem to thrive on trying new techniques all the time. I tend to box myself into the same old thing - or so it seems to me. I love learning new techniques! Like your card today!

hugzzzz,
de

Anonymous said...

Connie, Love your window card. I'm hoping to get a lot of stamping done this weekend as my husband will be busy. :-)

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Yes, on busy months like this I tend to run out of time to do all the challenge I wanted to. I love your window card. It is delicate and pretty, I can see how it would be fussy to make, but I am glad you persevered with the transparency!

I don't have any eclipse glasses! I wonder if my neighbors will share!

Louca por porcelana said...

Beautiful card,love what you wrote too...Life is precious,a blessing...Xoxo.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my word! There is a real magical quality to your transparent flower. I've looked at it for the longest time. So beautiful! Overwhelmed? Yes! I forget more than I remember and don't have enough paper in the world to write lists of all the things I want to try. So I mostly just keep coloring and coloring which takes so much time I can hardly get to those other things... and on and on it goes. Glad you got the eclipse glasses. We waited till the last week to get ours and had a hard time finding them, but finally got lucky. We just have to walk to the street corner to a break in the trees to see the eclipse. The traffic heading to the west coast is INSANE! I'm sure glad we don't have to be out in it.

Debbie said...

this card is especially beautiful connie, i love the layout and the colors. i always notice the balance, the use of three's, you do an excellent job with that!! it is important, to laugh every day, i always make sure i do!!

and as far as crafting, there is never enough time and i always have several projects going, and in my mind!!!

you husband is an amazing photographer, i really enjoy seeing his pictures on Facebook.

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Your card is very pretty, Connie. I love the transparency technique you used. The eclipse is very exciting....hope your husband gets some great shots. Hugs xo Karen

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and to always leave such a kind comment.
Hugs,
Debbie

Donna Phelan said...

Love that pretty framed window in your card, but I adore that gorgeous flower! This has such an impact. YOWZA!

Esther Asbury said...

What a beautiful flower to accent the corner of your window! Such a cool idea! I keep a (private) Pinterest board stocked with ideas I want to try and as I complete them I delete the pin. Somehow the board is never empty as I keep finding new things to add! (smile)

Cheryl said...

That is darling... I just had a thought... wouldn't that be so darn cute if you made one just like that but make it a shaker card and put flower seeds as the shaking part! A card and a gift in one lol
big hugs,
Cheryl

Monika/Buzsy said...

Lovely card Connie... and what a great technique with the window opening and the transparency sheet. The coloring looks great on the picture!

Lowcarb team member said...

Window cards are quite popular aren't they.
I like the one you've made here, nice colourways.

All the best Jan