Monday, March 5, 2018

Patterns

Last month the flower Challenge blog had a challenge to use patterned paper for your flowers, well right when I was going to link to it I realized I was already too late, I thought it was from the end of the month and I believe it was the 25th, I was a day late  anyway.

I used a Spellbinder flower die and after embossing them I really couldn't see the embossing well through all that pattern so I added a bit of Metallic Rubons, like this set, but mine had brass in it.

I was worried using all patterned paper that I went a little too far and it is too busy but hubby reassured me that it was ok. 


Spellbinders - Flower Bouquet die w/ Craf-T Metallic rubon, brass
Spellbinders - Foliage Flourish die
Crate paper - DIY shop
My Sentiments Exactly - thinking of you stamp
Sequins - Iced Silver

Thanks so much for stopping by today,

Connie

14 comments:

Louca por porcelana said...

Lovely card,Connie!Love it so much!Have a lovely day!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Very pretty! Too bad you missed the challenge date. I think that has happened to me with that challenge too. It gets odd when they are monthly and either don’t start on the 1st of the month, or end before the end of the month. Lol

Have a great day, Connie!

Birgit said...

I'm sorry to hear that you missed the challenge but I'm glad you posted your pretty card anyway! I've done that so many times too. Love your sweet design!

Roosterhead Designs said...

It's perfect Connie! So beautifully layed-out and clever work too~
Lovely card. TFS Hugs, karen o

Donna Phelan said...

A day late and a dollar short.....BUT this is still pretty all over! Love your flowers and that flourish like vine!

Beth Norman said...

Such a lovely card. Your flowers look amazing!! Your background is very nice too.

Leslie Miller said...

Not too busy. It's as though you brought some of the pattern to the front and popped it out. Love that leafy vine and your few perfectly placed sequins. Paper piecing can certainly be fun and interesting. I like how you used it here!

Kim said...

Can all things patterned ever be too busy?? =) I think the pattern paper adds dimension and an extra feel of prettiness. This is a lovely card, Connie.

April said...

So lovely! I also like your owl card below!

Debbie said...

i agree with your husband, i think it is beautiful connie!! i don't know how you do it, so many great ideas and they are all so different!!!

Diane said...

What a fun background color Connie and it really shows off your lovely flowers.

Hugs diane

AppleApricot Wen said...

A gorgeous card and not too busy at all, dear Connie!
Wishing you a beautiful week, big hugs xx

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a pretty card Connie. Love the background paper with those sweet flowers. The rub-on adds a nice texture and it sure does bring out the dry-embossing on the flower.

Janice said...

A gorgeous flower card, such a shame you missed the challenge, but am pleased you shared with us still ;-)